Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 03:01 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times

Advertisements

Sphynx you need to calm down with every single post in here being about moving to Oberlin. if Oberlin is such a nice place than why are you selling your house there and moving?

Also Fairmont and Lee seemed like a nice place. I have been in that area a few times before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 05:17 PM

30 posts, read 84,434 times
Thanks so much guys. I learned a lot, thanks to all the advice and great opinions. Unfortunately we still haven't heard anything about the job, so who knows. I may be stuck here in TN Take care Gina

Old 03-10-2008, 07:08 AM

5 posts, read 25,842 times
relocated...unfortunately

Old 03-24-2008, 11:13 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
I remember everyone was talking about how bad Central was too. I was there a while ago when there was still tons of abandoned houses/apartments standing. That had to be in the early or mid 90s. A few years later almost everything was knocked down and later they started building new houses over there which is still continuing now. Im mostly talking about the area around Central Ave. from 30th to 65th street. The block between Central and Cedar from 36th to Ashland rd. was completely abandoned just a few years ago. I think it was completely vacant except for 4 or 5 houses on each block.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:41 PM

6 posts, read 27,612 times
Best area in Euclid is around 260 street,Houses and property is kept up nice,many houses border on wooded areas9BETWEEN 254 AND 250 STREETS.LOW TRAFFIC,QUIET NEIGHBORHOOD,LOTS OF KIDS,LOW CRIME,AFFORDABLE HOUSES(LITTLE BUNGALOWS AND COLONIALS)THIS IS A VERY PLEASANT AREA,.I DONT THINK YOU WOULD BE DISAPPOINTED WITH LIVING THERE.THE OLDER AREA BETWEEN 185 ST.-222 ST. HAS GOTTEN PRETTY ROUGH,I HAVE HEARD.I USED TO LIVE THERE,BUT NOW LIVE IN SOUTH EUCLID,FOR THE SCHOOL SYSTEM(I HAVE KIDS WITH AUTISM SPECTRUM DISORDERS)A TEACHER WAS RECENTLY MURDERED IN MYFORM ER HOME ON BALL AVENUE.I WAS QUITE SHAKEN TO SEE MY HOME OF 10 YEARS ON TV,ROPED OFF AS A CRIME SCENE...I CANT HELP BUT WONDER WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED TO US IF WE HAD NOT MOVED FROM THERE.I HOPE TO GOD THEY CATCH WHOEVER DID THIS. ALIGAL

Last edited by aligal; 05-05-2008 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: MISSPELLED

Old 05-08-2008, 12:28 PM

6 posts, read 21,138 times
I am not a native Clevelander but have lived on both sides of the city. As others have previously stated the term 'worse' is relative to where a person resides. There can be things that are going on in your immediate area that are never broadcast on television or written in the newspaper HOWEVER there are some exceptions. It seems that a greater portion of the St. Clair/Superior Ave neighborhoods (going eastward through Glenville, Collinwood and into East Cleveland) have suffered from higher levels of homicides, burglaries and other dastardly crimes. Drug trafficking is becoming more rampant across the entire city so there is no one particular section that one can pinpoint. Having gone to church in the E. 123rd/Tuscora block it seemed that particular area was heavily involved in drug infiltration. I guess the question really becomes what are we as a people going to do able it and what CAN really be done?

Old 01-26-2009, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 5,227 times
i just so happen to live on east 33rd in central avenue in the projects. The projects are called CMHA. They stretch from east 22nd to east 63rd.from cedar to woodland. The people who live in this area call this part D.T.W standing for down the way. this is considerd gang territorry and should not be visited by anyone who does not have a "pass".If you must see i would advise you to be in a car and not on foot or bike because you will be robbed if and especially if you are of white descent.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:16 AM

358 posts, read 620,904 times
What about the areas of central avenue near east 79th & east 82nd streets?
Quote:
Originally Posted by central avenue boy View Post
i just so happen to live on east 33rd in central avenue in the projects. The projects are called CMHA. They stretch from east 22nd to east 63rd.from cedar to woodland. The people who live in this area call this part D.T.W standing for down the way. this is considerd gang territorry

Old 01-26-2009, 08:26 PM

56 posts, read 187,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Im not living in Cleveland right now,but I lived there most of my life in Euclid right near the Cleveland border,and I get back to Cleveland alot.In my opinion the areas with the worst decay is the St. Clair-Superior area,parts of Euclid Ave.,Kinsman.I like those areas of Cleveland,but they have some problems.Lakeshore Blvd. has some decay problems,not as bad as Euclid Ave. or St. Clair Ave. but theres some decay.I grew up around E. 185th street which is in 44119 zip code,its partly Euclid and partly Cleveland.I love that area,always will,and I'd definetly live there again,but theres some decay there,nothing terrible though.You don't have to go very far from there though to find some areas with alot of decay.E. 156th isn't far from 185th street,and theres alot of boarded up buildings on that street.Im pretty sure the area in Cleveland with the most crime is the 5th district.
Hey me too my parents live off Naumann ave. and my granny lives off 156th. How old are you?

Old 01-28-2009, 07:50 AM

191 posts, read 809,534 times
I am coming to Cleveland to take photos of the industrial scenes around Whiskey Island and the Mittal Steel mill. I am a white person with a southern accent. After reading this post I think I will just take my photos from the car and not get out and walk around. I see that there are some housing projects called Lakeview Terrace near Whiskey Island. Do I need to be fearful of these? Also there's an old foundry along the Shoreway and W. 65th. Will I be okay around there? And West 3rd St along the river? I just want to take a few pictures, that's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland