Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2015, 02:26 PM

2 posts, read 1,500 times

Advertisements

Hello!

I am planning on moving to Cleveland in August, and I need some assistance. I will be working downtown, near the 14th street theater @ playhouse square, and I would like to know of any good apartment complexes / apartments for rent.

I will not have a car, but am willing to commute.

Any help is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2015, 03:32 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times
Here are some threads that could help:

- Downtown Cleveland Alliance

East Fourth Neighborhood: live on fourth - "Cleveland's Premiere Downtown Living Destination"

Warehouse District - Apartments

All of the above are about downtown districts.

Read about Cleveland's mass transit options here:

Cleveland: Public Transportation - TripAdvisor

Much would depend upon your budget.

Lakewood might be an option. If you could live near the new "Cleveland State" bus rapid, you could take it to Public Square and switch to the Healthline bus rapid at Public Square. You would have a longer commute and likely would have to buy an RTA monthly pass, but Lakewood would offer a different lifestyle than downtown.

RTA's Cleveland State Line on Clifton Boulevard set to roll December 8 | cleveland.com

Similarly Shaker Square or Van Aken in Shaker Hts. have many apartments. You could take the Blue or Green rail rapid downtown to Tower City and then take the Healthline to PlayhouseSquare.

University Circle and Little Italy also are possibilities, commuting on the Healthline bus line or Red Line rail transit.

Read about University Circle here:

Cleveland: Tips for Visiting Cleveland - TripAdvisor

Old 05-21-2015, 05:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,500 times
Thanks. One more question...other than Titans gym and ReZULTs, are there any more gyms downtown with free weights/dumbells barbells squat racks?

Old 05-21-2015, 06:32 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,147,519 times
Not sure, but some places probably have their own gyms built into the apt. building.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1dogga View Post
Thanks. One more question...other than Titans gym and ReZULTs, are there any more gyms downtown with free weights/dumbells barbells squat racks?
Perhaps check this out.

Membership - The Downtown Recreation Center at Cleveland State University

Facilities - The Downtown Recreation Center at Cleveland State University

It's very near East 14th St. and reportedly very safe.

If you have a monthly RTA pass, you economically could take the Healthline to the stop closest the CSU fitness center, but it may be faster to walk there. The CSU campus is adjacent to Playhouse Square.

Last edited by WRnative; 05-21-2015 at 08:02 PM..

Old 05-21-2015, 08:36 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,147,519 times
Was just reading my CLE Book and it states that CLE ST has an Olympic sized pool and is a green building. Supposed to be a very nice facility.

Old 05-21-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
Was just reading my CLE Book and it states that CLE ST has an Olympic sized pool and is a green building. Supposed to be a very nice facility.
When it was built, the pool was very innovative and the fastest in the world. Its drawback was relatively little seating capacity.

Cleveland Stater- CSU pool deep in swimming history
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland