U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 05:42 PM

37 posts, read 36,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
I probably would have stayed closer to the 271 corridor, but that's just me.
Wanting to stay near 271 and finding something for sale near 271 are two totally different things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 07:04 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,509,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8506 View Post
Wanting to stay near 271 and finding something for sale near 271 are two totally different things.
Fair enough and Aurora is a great town. I spent many a day out there working for the various amusement parks that surrounded Geauga Lake.

It's just that commute to Mentor might be a headache, particularly in winter. And if you can avoid much of the mess near the I-271/Route 8 interchange, your commute to Akron will probably go a lot more smoothly.

Old 08-17-2015, 07:56 PM

37 posts, read 36,401 times
Quote:
Fair enough and Aurora is a great town. I spent many a day out there working for the various amusement parks that surrounded Geauga Lake.

It's just that commute to Mentor might be a headache, particularly in winter. And if you can avoid much of the mess near the I-271/Route 8 interchange, your commute to Akron will probably go a lot more smoothly.
As much as I wanted to stay a bit closer to 271 I couldn't find a lot I was interested in. We wanted something less than 10 years, in a development, 4 bed room and 2.5 bath. Most of the places I found were Twinsburg, Hudson and Aurora. I actually had an offer in on a home in Hudson but we couldn't come to a number. Aurora offers exactly what I wanted with a friendly price tag than Hudson. Getting to Akron is a bit of a pain since I take 91 to a backroad then hit 8. I guess if the weather is too bad in the winter I can ride 91 all the way but it will sure take a long time. Regarding Mentor...anything will be better than the commute from Stow/Falls right now.

Old 08-17-2015, 08:17 PM

2,164 posts, read 3,750,873 times
I lived near Aurora in Chagrin Falls and visited in-laws in Mentor pretty regularly. That trip gets pretty old in my opinion. I suspect 40 minutes (it's been 11 yrs. so that is my recall). Took 306 most the time, doing interstate is about the same. With that being said I put a priority where I live and will give compromise on commute, heck I moved 500+ miles from my customer base just to move to what I consider more desirable area. Thanks to Blackberry and virtual communication to cut back on travel.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:45 AM

3,283 posts, read 5,509,540 times
Some would argue that Charlotte is ultimately Cleveland's nicest suburb.

Just wait until the cost of infrastructure increases to keep up with demand, though. (i.e. Lake Norman toll debate.)

Old 08-22-2015, 10:22 AM

2,164 posts, read 3,750,873 times
^that is funny

Old 08-25-2015, 08:39 AM

54 posts, read 47,498 times
Quote:
Some would argue that Charlotte is ultimately Cleveland's nicest suburb.

Just wait until the cost of infrastructure increases to keep up with demand, though. (i.e. Lake Norman toll debate.)
I live in this Cleveland Suburb (Lake Norman) and love it (Moved from Akron/Canton area)!

The I_77 toll debate is very big right now, but the state govt. says they will not have the money for this project for about 25 years and we need more lanes, so I say this is our best option to get them a lot sooner.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:29 AM

7 posts, read 5,086 times
If you don't mind the commute, Twinsburg is a great community with great schools. I worked at Progressive (prior to child), so I get the 271N traffic during rush hour. I just left home before rush hour hit and left work either before or after it started (if you are able to). I agree with ZnGuy's take on making where you live a priority over commuting :-) In the recent Money magazine (Best Places to Live 2015) article, Twinsburg was just ranked #22 for Best Places to Live 2015 (in US). Our downtown revitalization committee was formed in 2013 and they recently added additional business owners to tweak the conceptual plan (mock sketch) to redo/modernize our downtown area, which will be mixed-use with walkable area for entertainment, restaurants, etc. Good luck on finding your new location.

Arnoldti - my friend moved into Lake Norman and loves it! I haven't been there yet but it looks beautiful from all of her pictures!

Old 08-26-2015, 02:13 PM

39 posts, read 33,173 times
^Solon was ranked in the top ten..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or