Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2015, 01:58 PM

16 posts, read 16,221 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I have finally narrowed it down to where I will be moving to next summer. My choices are Cleveland and Atlanta. I use to stay in the Cleveland area ten years ago, where I graduated from high school. I will have my bachelors degree and my experience is mostly in human resources and administrative work. I would love to move back to Cleveland because I am familiar with the area and I know people there. My issue is I'm not sure how the job market is there currently. I asked a few of my friends that are still there and I was told it shouldn't be hard for me to find a job. I have a four year old daughter, so anything below $11 or $12 an hour wouldn't cut it (I receive other income from the military so I am able to look for lower pay to match that). I want to know from other people how is it finding a job in the Cleveland and if I would be wasting my time moving there. Any helpful information would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 02:52 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyMo314 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have finally narrowed it down to where I will be moving to next summer. My choices are Cleveland and Atlanta. I use to stay in the Cleveland area ten years ago, where I graduated from high school. I will have my bachelors degree and my experience is mostly in human resources and administrative work. I would love to move back to Cleveland because I am familiar with the area and I know people there. My issue is I'm not sure how the job market is there currently. I asked a few of my friends that are still there and I was told it shouldn't be hard for me to find a job. I have a four year old daughter, so anything below $11 or $12 an hour wouldn't cut it (I receive other income from the military so I am able to look for lower pay to match that). I want to know from other people how is it finding a job in the Cleveland and if I would be wasting my time moving there. Any helpful information would be great.

Personally, I would do my own job research. We can't assess your qualifications.

Perhaps start here, but don't limit your job search to just Cleveland proper.

https://jobseeker.ohiomeansjobs.monster.com/

E.g., many large corporations now have HR operations in the I-271 corridor. E.g., Mayfield (Progressive), Mayfield Hts. (Parker Hannifin), Beachwood (Eaton), etc. Sherwin Williams is headquartered downtown.

Maybe contact large corporations directly. They might have veteran hiring preferences.

Good luck!

Last edited by WRnative; 08-25-2015 at 03:59 PM..

Old 08-25-2015, 04:23 PM

3,413 posts, read 5,126,326 times
There are lots of large corporations here in Cleveland. In addition to those mentioned, there's Hyland Software, Key Bank, Lubrizol, Lincoln Electric, Steris and others. Don't discount the Akron-Canton area either -- cheaper housing, and a pretty good economy, places like the world HQs of Timken and Diebold are massive.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:53 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times
Default Large corporations; linked-in

Countdown: Ohio

https://www.linkedin.com/job/human-r...-cleveland-oh/

Old 08-25-2015, 05:13 PM

16 posts, read 16,221 times
Thank you everyone for the responses! WRnative I'm about to check out those sites now.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:52 AM

395 posts, read 374,568 times
The cost of living here would likely be lower than Atlanta. The cost of living calculator shows Cleveland slightly lower than Atlanta. Are you planning on renting or buying? That makes a bit of a difference as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: