Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 08:28 AM

11 posts, read 24,340 times

Advertisements

I've been unable to find any recent updates here or elsewhere on plans to restore the lower level for pedestrian and cycle access. I tracked down some designs dating back to 2013. Does anyone have the current scoop on funding, design, etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 09:10 AM

3,413 posts, read 5,124,973 times
Like many projects in Cleveland, it's probably stuck and the design phase, and likely will be for years.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:13 PM

133 posts, read 175,939 times
^apparently you haven't been around the last couple of years. The amount of projects happening in the city is amazing right now. Another person stuck in mom's basement???

Furthermore, Cleveland currently has the 8th most construction jobs in the country.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelandsrocks View Post
^apparently you haven't been around the last couple of years. The amount of projects happening in the city is amazing right now. Another person stuck in mom's basement???

Furthermore, Cleveland currently has the 8th most construction jobs in the country.
Don't mistake me for one of those negative posters on Cleveland.com; my criticisms are made out of love for the city. It doesn't do the city any good not to look at it with a critical eye. The City of Cleveland has made a lot of progress on some fronts, but it could be a lot better on others. I want Cleveland to define itself better, and be more innovative. Too often Clevelanders sit passively by, waiting for something to happen, whether good or bad. Maybe that's why the city loves sports so much; it's fundamentally a passive experience, you as a fan have little to no impact on how the players perform. We don't take enough of an active role in contributing to the vibrancy of the city, all year round. There are a few examples of innovative grassroots efforts here -- Brite Winter Fest is one example. But too often we wait for Father Government, Father Investor, or Father Developer to do things for us. A great economy is built from the ground up. We need to do more to encourage and support entrepreneurship, and take a more active part in making our city great, not just cheerlead.

Old 06-26-2015, 06:48 AM

^I'm not cheer-leading, I'm stating facts. Sometimes old Clevelanders forget how good it is here....

Plus add another billion dollars worth of construction in University Circle.....
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...=97396&page=37

yeah nothing happening here in sad old Cleveland golly gee....

Last edited by Clevelandsrocks; 06-26-2015 at 06:56 AM..

Old 06-26-2015, 07:03 AM

I'm not an old Clevelander. I moved back here from college because of how much I like the city proper. I'm not denying that there are great things here; but I feel the momentum of progress has slowed, and I feel there could be more involvement on a grass roots level.

Old 06-26-2015, 07:29 AM

^you're crazy if you really believe that....

Old 06-26-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
^you're crazy if you really believe that....
You're right. Go Cleveland! Rah-Rah-Cis-Boom-Ba!

Old 06-26-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Rah-Rah-Cis-Boom-Ba!
8th highest construction jobs in the country and most in the midwest outside of Chicago. You're up...

Old 06-26-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
8th highest construction jobs in the country and most in the midwest outside of Chicago. You're up...
I don't count the taxpayer funded Hilton or Inner Belt Bridge rebuild as genuine development, which are probably where the majority of those jobs are. I'm not saying there's no development here -- so stop trying to paint me as one of those negative Clevelanders. I'm just saying it could be much better, and too often apathy by the residents leads to a lack of progress on certain projects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: