Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2015, 10:51 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Clevelander1991, some great posts.

It's obviously hard for some persons to believe, but some of us absolutely enjoy winter weather.

There may come a day when that's not true in my case, but hopefully it's at least a couple decades from now.

I wonder how many winter-haters have ever hiked out on a frozen Lake Erie in February, ice-fished at Put-in-Bay, or explored our many frozen waterfalls, let alone just hiked in our frozen old-growth forest winter wonderlands.

Ticks are a year-round concern in FL for hikers. I love not having to worry about them at least several months during the year.

Nope. But I've walked on the frozen swamp/lake in the woods near our development that had a beaver dam in it. It was pretty cool. I've also walked the cliffs at Virginia Kendall in the middle of winter, which was very cool as well. Same with Hinckley lake. This past winter on one of the "warmer" winter days which was probably around 28 to 32 degrees, no wind, and filtered sunshine, my son and I were walking through the woods in my neighborhood, and I had to tell him to be quiet because I wanted to here sounds of nothing, and the calm serenity of the woods in the winter. I was like "Shhhh! Do you here that?" He says "no!" I said, "exactly, now please be quiet for a second as I want to enjoy the moment." If any day can be described as a "perfect winter day" that was it. It still doesn't beat a "perfect summer day" which to me is warm, with a mild breeze, and about 85, along with the beauty of lush green trees, but it was still a very cool thing. If only all winter days could be like that. Not to mention come March, I'm ready for spring, and as we know, Old Man Winter can hang on into April around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 05:40 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,423,272 times
Default Things to enjoy during NEO winters

See post 44 in this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/ohio/...ve-ohio-5.html

It won't change the minds of winter-haters, but for those who enjoy natural beauty and the outdoors, check these out!

Old 07-24-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
See post 44 in this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/ohio/...ve-ohio-5.html

It won't change the minds of winter-haters, but for those who enjoy natural beauty and the outdoors, check these out!

I'll have to take a look at it. I may hate winter, but I'm still here. For all intents and purposes it's my home, and there is a lot of wonderful things about this state. So, if weather was the number 1 priority, I'd have been gone years ago! But it's not, and I digress, despite the detractors, there is a lot of natural beauty in Ohio, and for those outsiders, or even those who live here that think it's blah, then they don't know what the hell they're talking about!

BTW... I've been loving the weather today, and yesterday! Can't wait until this weekend! Sitting in the sun, with a cold beer, and admiring the serenity of my neighborhood. Ahhh yeah!

Old 07-24-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
BTW... I've been loving the weather today, and yesterday! Can't wait until this weekend! Sitting in the sun, with a cold beer, and admiring the serenity of my neighborhood. Ahhh yeah!
I'm dreading this weekend, which helps explain why I'm still here!

Old 07-24-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
I'm dreading this weekend, which helps explain why I'm still here!

Not a fan of the heat, huh? It's not that hot. Last weekend was hot! In fact, my neighbor had his annual summer party which is always right around his birthday, and it has become quite the event. I probably spent from 1 in the afternoon until midnight outside, other than to go inside to use the bathroom, or sneak a toke.... or both. Yeah we drank plenty of beer, but I also drank plenty of water, had my shirt off most of the time, and had a little spray bottle to spritz myself from time to time. Not to mention where we had the table set up under the tree there was a nice breeze. Once the sun started going down the mosquitos were a b***! They've been bad all year in my neck of the woods. Then again we have a lot of wetlands and woods by us.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Not a fan of the heat, huh? It's not that hot. Last weekend was hot! In fact, my neighbor had his annual summer party which is always right around his birthday, and it has become quite the event. I probably spent from 1 in the afternoon until midnight outside, other than to go inside to use the bathroom, or sneak a toke.... or both. Yeah we drank plenty of beer, but I also drank plenty of water, had my shirt off most of the time, and had a little spray bottle to spritz myself from time to time. Not to mention where we had the table set up under the tree there was a nice breeze. Once the sun started going down the mosquitos were a b***! They've been bad all year in my neck of the woods. Then again we have a lot of wetlands and woods by us.
You're right that last weekend was worse, but it's supposed to be a high of 84 and very humid tomorrow!

Old 07-24-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
You're right that last weekend was worse, but it's supposed to be a high of 84 and very humid tomorrow!

Different strokes for different folks obviously, but I say just right. Another day of going shirtless in the yard.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:33 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,415,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deskjockey View Post
If you
1. don't have a great job
2. don't have strong family roots to the area
then there is no reason at all to select Northeast ohio to live.
That seems like a fair statement. You can downplay the weather all you like, no one is moving to Northeast Ohio for its balmy winter months.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksu sucks View Post
That seems like a fair statement. You can downplay the weather all you like, no one is moving to Northeast Ohio for its balmy winter months.
Your statement is correct that nobody will move to northeast Ohio for balmy winter weather, but that doesn't mean that deskjockey's statement that there "is no reason at all to select Northeast ohio to live" is a "fair statement."

Likfe deskjockey, you assume that 1) no one enjoys Cleveland's four seasons of weather, 2) that there is no other reason to move to northeast Ohio.

Other posts in this thread and in this forum prove both of these assumptions are wrong.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:12 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,415,069 times
Quote:
Your statement is correct that nobody will move to northeast Ohio for balmy winter weather, but that doesn't mean that deskjockey's statement that there "is no reason at all to select Northeast ohio to live" is a "fair statement."
Technically they said there's no reason to move to Cleveland unless you have a great job lined up or family ties to the area. And I think that's a fair statement...for most of the country.

Outside of a handful of major American cities (New York, Frisco, LA...maybe Boston?) the overwhelming majority of American relocation is motivated mainly by careers. The major exception would be retirees...which it's pretty funny to think of someone moving to Cleveland for retirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland