Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 06:27 AM

37 posts, read 48,388 times

Advertisements

Regardless if you are for or against..how will this issue (if passed) directly impact Cleveland and NEO as a whole?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 12:57 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,375,521 times
It will create jobs... Don't see any other impact at all.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:42 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,836,307 times
More Grateful Dead and/or Cypress Hill iTunes sales.

Last edited by L2DB; 09-16-2015 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: Issue 3 is the pot one, right?

Old 09-16-2015, 05:16 PM

50 posts, read 63,248 times
Hopefully it would make the police force a little more efficient, with them not having to go after these kinds of things.

Also keeping non-violent "criminals" away from prosecution.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:41 PM

79 posts, read 235,886 times
It would be a great thing for our local economy if not for the monopoly it provides the ResponsibleOhio backers (Why I'm voting NO on Issue 3). Aside from that I think it'll keep a lot of 'offenders" out of trouble.

Remember to vote YES on issue 2!

Old 10-03-2015, 12:22 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,664 times
Just about everybody running that state wants harsh penalties forever. But Toledo voted for police to leave alone those in possession of up to several ounces. Toledo police reminded locals that this does not protect them from arrest by state troopers or Feds. I wonder if the state vote fails, is it's back to usual arrests in Toledo?

I remember OH state troopers complaining a few years ago they need numbers for convictions, so it may be that OH will be like CO still is, arresting those with any trace of THC from use in last month, since they don't even know what #s equal possibility of impairment. In CO they were calling five nanograms per deciliter impaired, & some cops may want it any trace. But makers of cheap THC testers sold on Amazon, IIRC, only show if one is over 20 nanograms per deciliter, as they apparently consider it impossible to be impaired by less. Pot has a plateau impairment equal to .04% B.A.C.

Columbus Dispatch is running articles by "marijuana" haters everyday, as if they'd die if it were legalized. Includes false info from CO narco squad & Kevin Sabet. Actually, some people die from not having cannabis oil. Rick Simpson of Canada used cannabis oil to cure over 5,000 people of many kinds of cancers & other fatal illnesses, for free, using up his $1.3 million savings. US govt found out & told Canada arrest him as drug dealer, life sentence for saving 5,000 lives!

Also in CO, no public use allowed & renters can be banned from use at home. Employers are not required to hire cannabis users where it's legal, either. Some still claim Fed law trumps state law, as Supreme Court not required to use dictionary definitions in rulings.

Ohio Against Marijuana Monopolies was, I suspect, created by those who fear legalization means they lose jobs or profits. As for OP, why would it effect Cleveland or NE OH any differently than rest of state? I haven't followed every detail closely, but know some antis will try anything to block it. If it somehow is allowed, it would be historic, as no other state has gone from illegal to legal for all adults without passing medical use only first. The illegality was never based on medical facts. Best wishes.

Old 10-03-2015, 07:51 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,147,767 times
Pharmacy companies will probably back the "NO" vote. Let's make synthetic drugs legal and natural healing drugs illegal. In this country, it comes down to $$$$, not common sense, a lot of the time.

Old 10-05-2015, 06:36 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,836,307 times
I haven't followed it closely, but aren't there 10 growing companies permitted? That's hardly a monopoly.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 788 times
Just my two cents- If grass becomes legal the Heorine/Opiate epidemic grows.

I've smoked pot and use to enjoy it. Now, thanks to Jesus Christ I like having a sober mind.

But still, my two cents is my concern. I can care less if your smoking pot. However, kids tend to do what they are not allowed. Once grass is legal I can see the already increasing heroine/opiate problem increasing.

Old 10-06-2015, 06:01 PM

50 posts, read 63,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRthethird View Post
Just my two cents- If grass becomes legal the Heorine/Opiate epidemic grows.

I've smoked pot and use to enjoy it. Now, thanks to Jesus Christ I like having a sober mind.

But still, my two cents is my concern. I can care less if your smoking pot. However, kids tend to do what they are not allowed. Once grass is legal I can see the already increasing heroine/opiate problem increasing.
Kids still won't be allowed to smoke pot even if Issue 3 passes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland