Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2015, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 698 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am thinking about purchasing a home and I need some numbers for utilties. I currently live in a apartment that is 780sq ft. But the home that I am looking at is a bunglow that is 1284 sq feet, full basement this home has central air also. I need to know the possible cost of utilities, gas, heat, electricity, water and sewer. This house is in Lake County, OH; not for sure if that makes a differance when it comes to cost of utilities.

Thanks so much!
Nikole
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 03:45 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikoleA View Post
Hello,

I am thinking about purchasing a home and I need some numbers for utilties. I currently live in a apartment that is 780sq ft. But the home that I am looking at is a bunglow that is 1284 sq feet, full basement this home has central air also. I need to know the possible cost of utilities, gas, heat, electricity, water and sewer. This house is in Lake County, OH; not for sure if that makes a differance when it comes to cost of utilities.

Thanks so much!
Nikole
Lake County has different utility providers. E.g., Painesville Muni has lower rates for electricity and water than other providers, and it serves some areas outside of Painesville, such as in Concord and Painesville Twp.

Much depends upon usage and the quality of the house's insulation, and the level of natural gas prices, which are extremely low at the moment.

I would budget at least $150/mo. on average to be somewhat conservative, $200 if you want to be more conservative, if your bungalow will have a single occupant and you'll manage heat and a/c settings during work and morning hours.

However, your best guide is what do the current owners pay? How warm and cool do they keep the house? How many residents? Ask and get copies of the last year's utility bills, or permission to contact the utilities directly and get copies. Many realtors disclose utility costs, but I would still try to check independently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland