Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 12:25 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,631,326 times

Advertisements

Not going to comment on the rest of the thread, but that pic is hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 10:40 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,172,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Oh please dude. You know i wasn't suggesting that. Sometimes the sarcasm is ridiculous. One of the many reasons why these forums can be so stupid.
It was tongue-in-cheek all the way.

The worst part about all of this discussion throughout the sports ether is that they are making mid-season comparisons as if it has anything to do with what will happen 4-5 months from now. Atlanta was the best team in the league at the end of January 2015 (yes, they had a better record than the GSW). They were then swept -- and quite easily -- in the ECF by a depleted Cavs team. You simply cannot make these predictions based on who has the hot hand at mid-season. Golden State is a key injury away from complete disaster and they've been way too lucky thus far in avoiding them. They also allow nearly 103 points per game (i.e., their defense is bad; well below the league average ). As we saw last year in the finals, they can be defended if pressed hard. The bottom line is that if you can keep them from scoring 110 points per game, they are very beatable. In the regular season, nobody is going to push back as strongly as they will in the post season.

Last edited by Cleveland_Collector; 01-28-2016 at 10:58 PM..

Old 01-31-2016, 09:20 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times
Well, lue and the cave dominated the spurs last night. Looks like the change at the helmoment could already be paying dividends.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:22 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,235,996 times
Cavs have 0 chance of beating the Warriors in a series...GSW seriously has one of the best basketball teams I've ever seen...they are on pace to break the Bulls record of 72-10...right now they are 45-4, which puts them on pace to go 75-7 for the season.

I'll be shocked if Cleveland even makes it a 6 game series with how bad GS made them look.

Cleveland should never have signed Tristan Thompson to such a large contract as they are stuck w/ the salary cap rules and cannot really make any moves to drastically improve the team. Thompson is a good rebounder but that's it...can't defend, and can't score.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:33 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,420,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Cavs have 0 chance of beating the Warriors in a series...GSW seriously has one of the best basketball teams I've ever seen...they are on pace to break the Bulls record of 72-10...right now they are 45-4, which puts them on pace to go 75-7 for the season.

I'll be shocked if Cleveland even makes it a 6 game series with how bad GS made them look.

Cleveland should never have signed Tristan Thompson to such a large contract as they are stuck w/ the salary cap rules and cannot really make any moves to drastically improve the team. Thompson is a good rebounder but that's it...can't defend, and can't score.
If you really believe the chances are zero, take out a second mortgage and fly to Vegas. You'll get great odds, but I wouldn't advise it.

Remember that the Cavs were somewhat competitive in last year's Finals without Andy, Kyrie and Kevin Love.

Kyrie in the last few games is rounding into top form.

A big key IMO is whether Mozgov can find his game again. That will make a huge difference if he can play as well in the Finals this year as he did last year. He has a massive financial incentive to elevate his level of play as I believe he's a free agent after this season.

Richard Jefferson also is a huge improvement for the Cavs, and Andy looks better every time I see him. It's easy to forget given the way Andy moves and jumps, that he's 6' 11" and weighs 270 lbs. He probably wants a title in Cleveland as much as LeBron.

Dellavedova also is a key player as has been evident in the recent games that he has missed with a groin injury.

I'll be interested to see how the Cavs perform in match-ups after the All-Star game with teams such as Toronto. By then, the Cavs should be getting very serious for the stretch run.

As always, injuries could play havoc with the title hopes of any of the contenders.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:23 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,534,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post

Yep. The formula GSW and Spurs have is the new way to win under current NBA rules. Fast paced, swing the ball, equal opportunity selfless team ball. No team does this better than GSW. They are like the Spurs on roids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland