Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 10:54 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
Vegas is cool if you like a suburb of 50,000 with all identical houses.

Vegas metro area also has far more crime than Cleveland's metro.

And what the hell is the point of you being in this thread? You are contributing nothing but LOL and childish smirks.
if you would have read from the beginning, you would see exactly what the point is.... and crime...you are way off... the crime stats now include car theft as a voilent crime.. in that aspect, vegas is on the top. take out car theft, cleveland is by far more dangerous...

and what the hell does the crime have anything to do with this post? its about teaching, and i merely said that there were signing bonuses out west.. farther down, another poster said how hard teaching jobs were in cleveland... so before you comment read it all... considering this post is that old also.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:34 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,629,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
if you would have read from the beginning, you would see exactly what the point is.... and crime...you are way off... the crime stats now include car theft as a voilent crime.. in that aspect, vegas is on the top. take out car theft, cleveland is by far more dangerous...

and what the hell does the crime have anything to do with this post? its about teaching, and i merely said that there were signing bonuses out west.. farther down, another poster said how hard teaching jobs were in cleveland... so before you comment read it all... considering this post is that old also.
If you had any basic reading comprehension skills, you would understand I was comparing Las Vegas METRO to Cleveland's METRO. Either way, it's not irrelevant. People usually want to live in a safer area - in general. I'm not saying Las Vegas doesn't have good teaching jobs - rather leave this thread. It's about moving to Ohio to teach, not Nevada. And Las Vegas isn't for everyone, I'd never live there. If I'm moving to the west coast, I'd chose Pheonix, Scottsdale, San Diego, etc... It's all a matter of opinion.

Old 12-11-2008, 10:39 PM

how does vegas have a metro? it does not have suburbs like cleveland.. when they say las vegas, it is the whole valley. North Las Vegas is a seperate city.
And i agree, i would prefer San Diego too.. however it is so unaffordable..

Old 12-12-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
how does vegas have a metro? it does not have suburbs like cleveland.. when they say las vegas, it is the whole valley. North Las Vegas is a seperate city.
And i agree, i would prefer San Diego too.. however it is so unaffordable..
Haha Las Vegas doesn't have a metro? That's a first! You don't need just suburbs to make up a metro, it can consist of other large cities too.. ie: Akron.

Quote:
Las Vegas-Paradise Metropolitan Statistical Area, which is by defined by the United States Census Bureau to include all of Clark County,[2] including the cities of Las Vegas, Henderson, North Las Vegas, Boulder City, and the surrounding areas.
Obviously you just don't know what a metro area is. Either way, this argument is pointless. The original poster never asked about Nevada or Las Vegas. Why are you looking for topics about Las Vegas in the Cleveland subsection? LOL

Old 12-12-2008, 12:08 PM

read this

The media isn't spinning anything. If you look at crime rates, these cities are definitely up there.
You can also analyze it by specific type of crime.
U.....crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You can download it for cities of the various sizes, add them together and analyze. There's very little spin going on.
Murder rate:
1. Detroit
2. Bmore
3. NOLA
Forcible rape:
1. Cleveland
2. St. Louis
3. Anchorage
Aggravated assault:
1. Detroit
2. St. Louis
3. Memphis
Robbery:
1. Cleveland
2. St. Louis
3. Oakland
Property crime rate (per 100,000):
Miami 5163
Detroit 7048
NYC 1879
Chicago 4579
Los Angeles 2718
Boston 4462
Cleveland 6232
Violent crime rate:
Detroit 2418
Miami 1509
Cleveland 1546
Boston 1339
LA 786
Chicago 610
NYC 637

end of story.
you resurrected an old thread.
now lets get back to topic, agreed...

Old 12-12-2008, 01:08 PM

All you posted were facts about crime IN Cleveland.. what the hell is your point? If you didn't already notice, there are about 5 threads discussing violent crime in Cleveland and other large Ohio cities. You are full of failures. LOL

But thanks for those figures, I could actually use those in the CLEVELAND CRIME THREAD.

And what are we getting back on point about? You were the one who got off point by discussing Las Vegas teaching opportunities to a person moving to Ohio for teaching. Obviously the teachers in NV aren't qualified judging by your intelligence.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:38 PM

omg it is your intelligence i'm concerned about... are you just a high schooler.. the point of the list was that vegas wasn't on it. your 18 reps are about right.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
omg it is your intelligence i'm concerned about... are you just a high schooler.. the point of the list was that vegas wasn't on it. your 18 reps are about right.
I never said anything about Las Vegas being on the most dangerous list.. did I? I mentioned higher metro crimes. Still, I will emphasize your reading comprehension skills; work on them.

High schooler? Nope, actually I work for a consultant firm doing MIS work using such programs as: Access, Oracle, Excel, Java, XML, SQL, CS ++, etc.

But once again, what was the point of your last post? I never stated anything about Las Vegas proper being more dangerous, nor did I say Cleveland was safe. If you have read some of my other posts, I am strongly aware that Cleveland city proper is one of the most dangerous cities.

http://www.statestats.com/cit07pop.htm#METRO

There are the rankings:

Most Dangerous Metros:

1. Detroit-Livonia-Dearborn, MI M.D.
Memphis, TN-MS-AR
3. Pine Bluff, AR
Las Vegas-Paradise, NV

You DO know the difference between "metro" and "city" correct?

Now I'll just wait for your irrelevant post disputing a statement I never even said.

Edit: LOL You don't even live in Vegas yet... nor do you have a job lined up! (as of 2 days ago)

Last edited by WeSoHood; 12-12-2008 at 02:00 PM..

Old 12-12-2008, 02:58 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,210,109 times
That's enough, thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland