Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 11:01 AM

3,413 posts, read 5,122,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emquig2194 View Post
Schools aren't an issue at the moment. And i prefer hills and hiking, but I am not too picky. I just don't like the close cramped busy feeling of the city. Not knowing much about Cleveland, I wasn't sure if there were any slow paced areas surrounding it.
Look to the Eastern suburbs, in Eastern Cuyahoga, or Geauga and Portage counties. These places are in the snow belt, so be prepared for that, but they're also very pretty with lots of hills, parks, and forests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 11:54 AM

1,796 posts, read 2,228,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander216 View Post
Columbia Station
I second this.

We lived there for a decade before moving out of state. If you want a country feel (complete with the occasional tractor going down the road and almost all houses on a septic tank and large lots), this should be your first choice if you're living south or west. You could also try Eaton Township near Grafton, but now you're starting to get a bit farther "out."

Not to mention with Columbia you're in downtown Cleveland in half an hour. The contrast never ceased to amaze me.

I'd suggest Richfield Township to the south, for much of the same reason, though Richfield area is certainly more upscale, though Columbia has a handful of McMansions, Columbia is much more "township in Ohio." as opposed to "upscale exurb."

To the East? Not a clue! Sorry! I'm thinking Mantua area, maybe?
I'm also thinking that East will not get you the same farm-to-downtown thirty minute commute either---but I could be wrong.

Last edited by kpl1228; 04-07-2016 at 12:08 PM..

Old 04-09-2016, 07:44 AM

996 posts, read 1,235,527 times
Are you looking to buy or looking to rent? And what is your actual budget? "Break the bank expensive" means nothing, as someone making $50,000 and someone making $500,000 a year are going to have totally different concepts as to the definition of "expensive."

The Eastern suburbs (Chagrin Falls was mentioned) aur lovely, hilly, and have great access to Metro Parks

Old 04-09-2016, 05:43 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,146,324 times
I looked up Colum. Station and Walton Hills after reading through this thread.

300K ish
3-5 acres

The best is when you see a huge shop/barn for RV' s and such! I showed my son and his face got big thinking of a shop where he could work on cars and store all the toys (that we could afford because we are not in CA).

25-35 min. from downtown and near hills and a metro park, I believe.

Old 04-09-2016, 10:52 PM

1,796 posts, read 2,228,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
I looked up Colum. Station and Walton Hills after reading through this thread.

300K ish
3-5 acres

The best is when you see a huge shop/barn for RV' s and such! I showed my son and his face got big thinking of a shop where he could work on cars and store all the toys (that we could afford because we are not in CA).

25-35 min. from downtown and near hills and a metro park, I believe.
There's houses under 150K also. but yeah, hardly any zoning issues so most folks out there have pole barns or a real barn or an oversized garage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland