Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 10:29 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,423,272 times

Advertisements

This year's draft process seems excellent:

Inside the Browns draft: Hue Jackson liked Patrick Mahomes and Malik Hooker at 12 and more from embedded reporter | cleveland.com

Gregg Williams seems like the real deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 01:14 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,237,163 times
I'm ok w/ this draft except for the wasted pick on a guy who's going to probably go to jail...

I would have rather stayed at 12 and drafted Malik Hooker or Jonathan Allen (would have given us 2 good edge rushers) and I'm not sure Jabrill Peppers will be any good in the NFL. He looked awesome against most of the bad teams SCUM played but when it came to games against good competition, he disappeared.

Kizer was a decent choice at QB for this draft, and glad they didn't reach for him...no QB was worth a first round pick...no sure fire franchise QBs....if next year they suck still...they can get up to #1 and draft Sam Darnough(sp?) from USC or Jared Rosen or one of a couple of other potential great QBs...next year's draft class will be far stronger at QB.

Old 05-05-2017, 04:06 AM

Default Jackson impressed by Kizer skill set

<<"I don't know that I've coached a guy with this kind of skill set," Jackson said Thursday on team's in-house radio show, Cleveland Browns Daily on WKNR 850 AM. >>

Hue Jackson expects DeShone Kizer to draw Big Ben comparisons: 'I don't know that I've coached a guy with this kind of skillset' | cleveland.com

Old 05-07-2017, 11:35 AM

Default Kizer as top draft pick

<<If you go back to right after the 2016 draft, the top two quarterbacks projected for 2017 would have been Kizer and Watson. It would be almost impossible to find anyone in the summer of 2016 talking about Mahomes and Trubisky being first-round picks. Like most teams, the Browns had Kizer as the No. 1 QB 12 months ago.>>

//www.city-data.com/forum/cleve...l#post48073457

The similarly sized Tom Brady went with the 199th pick in the sixth round of the 2000 draft.

Personally, I think there is an intangible quality to having a quarterback from northern Ohio.

If Kizer is successful, it should help the Browns lock down the northwest Ohio market for a generation against competition from the nearer Detroit Lions, a not so intangible consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: