Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 12:17 PM

1,887 posts, read 1,443,641 times

Advertisements

Cleveland, I know this isn't all of you that feel this way, this is for the ones who do feel that way. It's time to stop apologizing for being from Cleveland and/or living in Cleveland. Some people who live in Cleveland apologize for Cleveland not being New York, L.A., Chicago, Boston, Miami. Hello! There are 50 states in The United States of America, what city in those 50 states are on the level of those cities I mentioned? I'll wait. Now, is Cleveland a perfect city? Hell no, give me one city that is, I'll wait for that too. Even if you live in the warmest place in the world; you're still not in the perfect place. Is there ways for CLE to improve? Most definitely.

I would be naive to say that it's all peaches and cream. But, we make it like that our bumps and flaws are so unique to Cleveland while other cities are completely unblemished. Every city has its blemishes, it's about the blemishes that you're willing to put up with. I read from message boards where people told other people in other cities from other cities they're from Cleveland, and people told them, "I'm sorry" or "I feel sorry for you." Where's your doggone pride Cleveland? Stop looking for validation from the national media and people from other cities. It's up to us to find the value in our city and ourselves not anybody else or the media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 12:29 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,147,767 times
Mic drop!

Nice!

Old 05-03-2016, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
Mic drop!

Nice!
Thanks lol

Old 05-04-2016, 08:37 AM

440 posts, read 595,702 times
Unless when it comes to sports, that's when i mostly hear people saying they felt bad for me when i moved to Tampa. Well, that and the cold and snow.

Old 05-04-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher23 View Post
Unless when it comes to sports, that's when i mostly hear people saying they felt bad for me when i moved to Tampa. Well, that and the cold and snow.

Oh, that's because those people down there in Florida have huge a superiority complex. They all think that the world revolves around them. And, I bet you just because they're the land of beautiful people there's nothing ugly about them. Plus, I'm sure you and other transplants might think that we settled and got stuck in Ohio while you moved and shook your way to the cooler city lol.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:33 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,147,767 times
FL is HUMID and going to be under water in a matter of years.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:49 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post
Oh, that's because those people down there in Florida have huge a superiority complex. They all think that the world revolves around them. And, I bet you just because they're the land of beautiful people there's nothing ugly about them. Plus, I'm sure you and other transplants might think that we settled and got stuck in Ohio while you moved and shook your way to the cooler city lol.
Wait you think Florida is the land of beautiful people? I guess if you like roid bros, wrinkles and obesity, sure, because that really describes far more of the state than Miami Beach.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:50 PM

11,054 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Wait you think Florida is the land of beautiful people? I guess if you like bros, wrinkles and obesity, sure, because that really describes far more of the state than Miami Beach.
Lol

It's easy to forget that there are 15 million+ people in Florida that don't live in the Miami area...

Old 05-04-2016, 02:40 PM

440 posts, read 595,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QCongress83216 View Post

Whoa whoa bro, you're getting a little too butthurt about this lol, the only ones that have a huge superiority complex down here are the ones from New York, and we all know how they can be! And no i don't think you settled and got stuck in Ohio, as that is YOUR choice to live and stay there, just as it was MY choice to move down here, and i don't regret it one bit because my quality of life is much better, my social life is much better, and i'm making alot more money than i did when i lived in Ohio.
This is where i prefer, and if you prefer Ohio than to each his own, but to single out the entire population of Florida as thinking they are better than everyone else is ridiculous. Are there people down here that think that way? Of course, as there are everywhere!
Surprisingly though there is a very large population of people from Ohio that live in the Tampa area as i have met numerous. They all move down here for different reasons, but the most common is of course the weather. The one common thing i find though with them is that they all still support their Ohio sports teams, as do I, through thick and thin and they never forget where they came from!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Wait you think Florida is the land of beautiful people? I guess if you like roid bros, wrinkles and obesity, sure, because that really describes far more of the state than Miami Beach.

LMAO, this cracks me up, this couldn't be any further from the truth. Have you even been anywhere else in FL other than Miami??

Old 05-04-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher23 View Post
Whoa whoa bro, you're getting a little too butthurt about this lol, the only ones that have a huge superiority complex down here are the ones from New York, and we all know how they can be! And no i don't think you settled and got stuck in Ohio, as that is YOUR choice to live and stay there, just as it was MY choice to move down here, and i don't regret it one bit because my quality of life is much better, my social life is much better, and i'm making alot more money than i did when i lived in Ohio.
This is where i prefer, and if you prefer Ohio than to each his own, but to single out the entire population of Florida as thinking they are better than everyone else is ridiculous. Are there people down here that think that way? Of course, as there are everywhere!
Surprisingly though there is a very large population of people from Ohio that live in the Tampa area as i have met numerous. They all move down here for different reasons, but the most common is of course the weather. The one common thing i find though with them is that they all still support their Ohio sports teams, as do I, through thick and thin and they never forget where they came from!

LMAO, this cracks me up, this couldn't be any further from the truth. Have you even been anywhere else in FL other than Miami??

I wrote that reply as a joke lol. But, there is a good segment of Ohio transplants who think like that. You said that people in Tampa feel bad for you being from Ohio and it's not just about sports or weather. They're also saying that to you because a lot of them have that perception of Cleveland and Ohio that it is dreary, boring, uncultured, bad sports teams, bad economy, bad weather and it's The Rust Belt. Plus, I feel like we're the scapegoat for all America's problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland