Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 09:42 PM

4,536 posts, read 5,103,665 times

Advertisements

Stick a fork in the Cavs, they're done. Kevin Love is likely out under the concussion protocol. LeBron and 35-year-old Richard Jefferson, of all people, were the only guys who showed up tonight, and LeBron was sloppy and out of sorts -- but at least he fought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2016, 10:02 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,147,767 times
At least CLE will be exciting on two game nights this week! They started off well with Love driving. The calls were a bit lopsided to say the least. BB is funny that way. It can go one way and then another.

Green won't hit every shot like he did tonight in CLE.

We'll see.

At least they ARE in the finals! Monsters up 2-0 and have 3 home games starting tomorrow. Indians in first.

Not a "bad" sports town if people are honest about it. They may not win the championship, but two years in a row in the finals. How are the Lakers doing?

Old 06-07-2016, 10:06 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
At least CLE will be exciting on two game nights this week! They started off well with Love driving. The calls were a bit lopsided to say the least. BB is funny that way. It can go one way and then another.

Green won't hit every shot like he did tonight in CLE.

We'll see.

At least they ARE in the finals! Monsters up 2-0 and have 3 home games starting tomorrow. Indians in first.

Not a "bad" sports town if people are honest about it. They may not win the championship, but two years in a row in the finals. How are the Lakers doing?
They have about 10 Titles since any team in Cleveland won one...poor time to compare the Cavs to.

Kobe won 5 Titles in 7 tries...Lebron after this series will have 2 titles in 7 tries.

Old 06-07-2016, 10:10 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,241,918 times
This series is definitely over...especially when you realize the Splash Brothers haven't played nearly as well as they did in the season or the last 3 games to beat OKC.

Tyron Lue is being totally outcoached by Steve Kerr...David Blatt more than held his own against Kerr last year when he was short handed...that decision which was bad then (30-11 under Blatt, 27-14 under Lue) is looking worse now.

Time for some big changes this offseason...what they have is just not championship caliber...maybe this type of team was 5-10 yrs ago, but it's not now...you need to find guys that move the ball around like the Warriors...guys who will pass up good shots to get great shots...and guys that can defend 1 through 5 on the floor...GS will be the same team for the next few years so if you want to win a title you'll have to get better than them.

BTW, I think the entire team quit in Game 2...that's the most disappointing thing...that and the lack of adjustments by Lue and the lack of defense by any of them.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:52 AM

I try to live in the "now" so that's why I compared Lakers to Cavs. I'd rather be cheering for a team now, vs, "Well, we won 10 games this year, but at least we won championships a few years ago."

I agree with the above statement about the coaching change. "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it." Regular season and finals are not the same thing.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:10 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,674,034 times
Is SportsCenter setting up on East 4th St again this year?

Old 06-08-2016, 10:39 PM

That was a response tonight! Guys hitting shots and defense was incredible!

Old 06-09-2016, 05:29 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Finally, the Cavs defended Draymond Green. Hopefully, Lue didn't take too long to figure out an effective defensive scheme.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/golden-...rs-2016060805/

A real risk to this season has been Lue's play-off inexperience.

Apparently, Coach James rode to the rescue.

<<After the first two games of the NBA Finals, the Warriors had LeBron James so flustered, so worried that he would be the last conquered soul on the defending champions’ quest for immortality, that he broke from his normal postgame routine and rushed to the first bus out of Oracle Arena to immediately watch film.

On the lengthy ride back to the team hotel in San Francisco after Game 2, James broke down the Cleveland Cavaliers’ pathetic performance while seated next to James Jones, the lone teammate to join James on his six straight trips to the Finals. Before the team flew back to Cleveland for Wednesday’s pivotal Game 3, James had already decided what adjustments needed to be made....

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/lebron...073345261.html

<<Which was important, because of the residual allowance available to the Cavaliers on defense. Lue slid James over to cover Draymond Green, who had his worst game of the series.>>

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/cavs-n...081838796.html

Allowed, or decided by King James, after watching Green dominate games one and two?

LeBron's greatness always has been heightened by his off-the-charts basketball IQ to complement his once-in-a-generation physical talents.

Last edited by WRnative; 06-09-2016 at 05:41 AM..

Old 06-09-2016, 01:05 PM

5,025 posts, read 5,674,034 times
Well more significantly, I wore my All In shirt for Games 1 & 2, and Game 4 against Toronto. Going neutral (no Cavs gear) again for Game 4, and if it works I'm riding it from here on out

In all seriousness though, great article find. However I'm concerned about what the W's counter adjustment to that might be in Game 4. Hopefully we keep it going. Also, keep getting physical with Curry/Thompson! Make em flustered.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:24 PM

With the Thompson screen, I did not see Moz put out his legs. He was set. Still can be a foul, but I did not think it was dirty as he contends. I'll look for some of the bigger guys on GS to be a bit "tougher" next game. I saw some shoving off camera during the game on both ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: