Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 09:47 AM

660 posts, read 660,937 times

Advertisements

Well, it is opening day for the Twins vs the Red Sox. I will admit I am not a Tribe fan, but I have a lot of respect for the Indians and Cleveland. Here are a few questions and bold points for the Indians to do well:

1. The rotation has to do well. When that rotation is pitching well, the Indians can be scary. Kluber, Carrasco, and Salzaar all should do well this season.

2. The bats have to improve. The team has to score more than a few runs per game because the pitching can't do it all.

3. Could this be the year of the Indians in the AL Central? I think the Royals will regress this year. Still they will be very good, but I don't see the hype from the Royals.

4. Could the team draw 30,000 fans on average during the summer. If the team starts winning and is in 1st in the central, would fans start showing up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 10:22 AM

11,077 posts, read 12,517,572 times
The pitching will be good, like last year. This is the strength of the team. Bats are the issue. I'm hoping mike Napoli can be like a Jason giambi from several years back. The Indians should be in position to compete for the central.

The fans will not show up until July, even if they're winning. Clevelanders prefer to focus on important things like Browns training camp, unless the Indians are extremely compelling. Even then, to average 30 k.... I'd say maybe in September when magic number is like 10.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:43 AM

96 posts, read 105,930 times
Like you both said, our bats are KEY. I have no doubt that our pitching will do well, and our defense improved with Lindor. I wanted to go up for the home opener today, but got way to busy with work this evening. Can't wait to get up there this year, love my Cleveland teams!!

Old 04-04-2016, 01:01 PM

4,552 posts, read 5,145,610 times
Home opener snowed out. See ya tomorrow at 1p.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:25 PM

Wow, the stadium looks empty tonight. The offense looks better tonight also.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheBern View Post
Wow, the stadium looks empty tonight. The offense looks better tonight also.
Typical Cleveland. Don't care about the indians, even though the stadium is lovely, the prices are fair, the location is wonderful and the team is competitive.

To be fair, April in Cleveland is not baseball weather. Scheduling home games for Northern teams is kind of a lame thing to do in early April. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see 10k crowds in June and July either.

Old 04-06-2016, 09:25 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,153,365 times
Late July, 10,001. I'll be there for a game!

Old 04-07-2016, 08:17 AM

5,032 posts, read 5,714,865 times
I have to say, and it wasn't just one start, but I don't think our starting rotation is as consistently dominant as some around baseball seem to think it will be. Other than Kluber, while each of these guys has shown flashes of brilliance, they have also shown stretches of mediocrity. I hope I am wrong though. I will say the offense looks to be the best we've had in a few years.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan137 View Post
I have to say, and it wasn't just one start, but I don't think our starting rotation is as consistently dominant as some around baseball seem to think it will be. Other than Kluber, while each of these guys has shown flashes of brilliance, they have also shown stretches of mediocrity. I hope I am wrong though. I will say the offense looks to be the best we've had in a few years.
Time will certainly tell.

I am definitely more concerned about offense than pitching though. Good to see Napoli hammer one out of the park last night. I don't care if he hits .225, as long as he's good for 20-30 home runs and provides that threat of a home run to the pitcher, which is harder to quantify, but pretty valuable in the course of a game or season. Hopefully Brantley comes back ready to go too.

Old 04-09-2016, 04:19 PM

The game was close, but a 3 run home run by Chicago decided it. I wish Cleveland fans would support their team that seems like a much improved team.

I have a goal to go to all 32 MLB stadiums, so Cleveland will be one of them they I go to this summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: