Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 07:00 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,146,324 times

Advertisements

Well, after two scopes in two days, the doc thinks he figured it all out. I had an upper endoscope yesterday (made it with no meds), and then the ENT put another one up the nose today. Start with an acid blocker tonight and he says I should feel like a different person very soon!

I was so excited, I drove home and got on my Amtrak account. I leave tomorrow!!!!

Arrive: Sunday very early (5:35) and have NO idea what to do at that time. I am going to the Indians game that day and the next (Sunday with my cousins).

Depart Wed. via United.

I have NO hotel booked...they are booked or about double what I paid last Dec. Good for the city, but not for Cheapo Regan.

I really want to stay downtown so I may have to bite the bullet. I plan to be out most of every day.

I'll hit the Rail and get to WSM. I have yet to visit the art and Nat. History Museum. Perhaps a play? Never seen one in Playhouse Sq.

So excited!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 08:21 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,423,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
I have NO hotel booked...they are booked or about double what I paid last Dec. Good for the city, but not for Cheapo Regan.

I really want to stay downtown so I may have to bite the bullet.
Did you check out the Cleveland Hostel in Ohio City, a short rapid ride from downtown? It's a block from both the West 25th Red Line station and from the West Side Market.

Will you have a car?

If not the airport hotels may be a cheaper option. Most have a free shuttle to the airport Red Line station.

Old 08-10-2016, 09:15 PM

I was going with the airport deal, but many were also around $200. Anyway..I scored! I went to Priceline just to check and for some reason... The Wyndham at Playhouse Sq. was about $100 per night! On the other sites... over $130.

Booked!

Thanks for the tip!

Rob

Old 08-12-2016, 04:04 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,313,636 times
Glad to hear you're already booked and good to go. I was getting ready to suggest trying to find something on Airbnb.

(I'll post this anyway... perhaps someone else will come along at a future date, with the same dilemma, and will read this thread and benefit from the idea.)

Old 08-12-2016, 08:48 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,314,403 times
We're going to the game on Sunday then heading back to VA on Monday.

Old 08-12-2016, 09:42 PM

Train in KS. So far so good. Met some nice people! I will most likely go to games Sunday-Tuesday. I tried Airbnb, but there was nothing downtown for my dates.

Go Tribe! Hope they can keep the offense going...boy, hammering the Angels.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:55 AM

869 posts, read 1,277,338 times
Enjoy:

You need to head to Little Italy while in town. This was one of my favorite festivals in Cleveland...you landed on a perfect weekend. Here are my ideas besides an Indians game and Art Museum:

1) Little Italy Feast of the Assumption this weekend Little Italy readies itself for the Feast of the Assumption (photos) | cleveland.com
2) Playhouse Square events http://www.playhousesquare.org/events

If you haven't seen already:

- newly completed Public Square
- Heinen's grocery store on Euclid and E. 9th

Also I found this while googling http://www.cleveland.com/entertainme...and_t_9.html#0

Last edited by usaf_1832; 08-13-2016 at 03:06 AM..

Old 08-13-2016, 08:14 AM

The easiest way to get to the Feast from the Wyndham is to take the Healthline to Cornell Road, just past Severance Hall, and then walk up Mayfield Road. From Tower City (after the Indians game on Sunday?), take the Red Line to the Little Italy station.

Check the weather forecasts and radar maps, as it is supposed to be a very wet weekend -- the remnants of a tropical storm are sitting over Cleveland.

Cleveland, OH Interactive Weather Radar Map - AccuWeather.com

Here's a great thing to do across from the Wyndham:

Cinema at the Square | PlayhouseSquare

Perhaps check out the new Hofbrauhaus (you can walk through PlayhouseSquare -- go in the Allen Theatre entrance and walk back to the parking garage).

Hofbrauhaus Cleveland in Playhouse Square opens to full house overflowing with beer, lederhosen and dirndls (photo gallery) | cleveland.com

Don't forget that Michael Symon's Mabel's Cleveland-style BBQ restaurant now is open on East 4th St.

Old 08-13-2016, 06:51 PM

Thanks all! Sitting in beautiful new lounge at Chicago's Union Station. My cousin is taking me to the Feast in Little Italy.

I'll for sure see the new Public Sq. I'm getting a 5 day pass so I'll use Tower a bit.

I'd love to walk through one of the theaters if possible.

Old 08-13-2016, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
I'd love to walk through one of the theaters if possible.
Without a ticket, you probably can't see the theaters, but you should be able to see the lobbies, which are spectacular, during performances. If you ask nicely, the attendants might let you into the lobbies a short distance.

The Palace, the State and the Ohio Theatres have the most spectacular lobbies.

Historic Ohio Theatre lobby re-created 52 years after fire destroyed 1921 original (photos) | cleveland.com

Playhouse Square's Ohio Theatre lobby restoration should rival completed State Theatre project (photos) | cleveland.com

There's going to be a dance party by the Wyndham on Aug. 16.

http://www.playhousesquare.org/event...il/dance-party

Last edited by WRnative; 08-13-2016 at 07:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: