Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2017, 01:54 PM

70 posts, read 115,015 times

Advertisements

I'm so annoyed by the early shutdown times of the rapid. If I'm going downtown, I like to take the rapid from Green Rd/Shaker or Warrensville/Shaker to Tower City. If I'm downtown on a weeknight, I have to catch the train by 9 PM to get home (assuming I am reading the schedule correctly). On Saturdays/Sundays, it's 9:15. This is total BS. Who do I call to complain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 02:11 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times
Contact the Board of Trustees.

Board of Trustees | Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority

However, first use Google Transit on the RTA home page to see what alternatives may be available to you. Perhaps there is some combo of Red Line and/or bus that is a viable alternative.

Also, call and ask if the Green Line runs later after Tribe and Cavs games during the regular seasons.

RTA adds late-night Green Line service for Indians playoff | Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority

RTA likely won't be sympathetic to schedule concerns, given their massive budget crunch due to Kasich/Republicans, if any line has marginal ridership. The most recent transportation bill allows only a $10 million increase for the entire state in mass transit funding after massive cuts in prior budgets.

$7.8 billion Ohio transportation budget bill passes without local government earmarks | cleveland.com

ODOT looking to send 33 percent more money to public transit | cleveland.com

Ohio's beleaguered public transit is on the edge of real financial crisis with sales tax changes | cleveland.com

The legislature most importantly apparently hasn't acted to fill the void created by a change in sales tax law.

RTA facing $30 million budget shortfall as uncertainty looms at the state level | cleveland.com

So, if you're really concerned, write a letter to Gov. Kasich.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Contact the Board of Trustees.

Board of Trustees | Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority

However, first use Google Transit on the RTA home page to see what alternatives may be available to you. Perhaps there is some combo of Red Line and/or bus that is a viable alternative.

Also, call and ask if the Green Line runs later after Tribe and Cavs games during the regular seasons.

RTA adds late-night Green Line service for Indians playoff | Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority

RTA likely won't be sympathetic to schedule concerns, given their massive budget crunch due to Kasich/Republicans, if any line has marginal ridership. The most recent transportation bill allows only a $10 million increase for the entire state in mass transit funding after massive cuts in prior budgets.

$7.8 billion Ohio transportation budget bill passes without local government earmarks | cleveland.com

ODOT looking to send 33 percent more money to public transit | cleveland.com

Ohio's beleaguered public transit is on the edge of real financial crisis with sales tax changes | cleveland.com

The legislature most importantly apparently hasn't acted to fill the void created by a change in sales tax law.

RTA facing $30 million budget shortfall as uncertainty looms at the state level | cleveland.com

So, if you're really concerned, write a letter to Gov. Kasich.
Thank you very much for the advice and detailed response. I wonder if the governor is getting sick of hearing from me yet...

Old 03-31-2017, 02:40 PM

I took a closer look, and I can take the blue line without much inconvenience. But still--I'm sure there are many who depend on the green line and can't get to other stations as easily as I can. What a shame for our city.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrheasley View Post
I took a closer look, and I can take the blue line without much inconvenience. But still--I'm sure there are many who depend on the green line and can't get to other stations as easily as I can. What a shame for our city.
I should have said Blue Line instead of Red Line.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:43 PM

11,056 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrheasley View Post
Ehhhh it goes through very low density Shaker mansions. IMO the whole line is a waste of money. Blue line is much more logical.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Ehhhh it goes through very low density Shaker mansions. IMO the whole line is a waste of money. Blue line is much more logical.
The Green Line Green Road station serves Beachwood, with bus service to Beachwood Place and Legacy Village. Traffic would be higher if there was a larger park 'n ride at the Green Road Station.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:08 AM

11,056 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
The Green Line Green Road station serves Beachwood, with bus service to Beachwood Place and Legacy Village. Traffic would be higher if there was a larger park 'n ride at the Green Road Station.
Probably true too. The blue line still just makes more sense for what rapid transit actually is. The green line functions more as almost a commuter rail for some people in beachwood. Which is great for them, but overall it is not ideally placed to maximize ridership, so I get why it's the first to get service cuts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland