Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 07:07 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,390,492 times

Advertisements

Being a big Cleveland sports fan, my generation has not had much to be proud of. When you get outside of Cleveland you feel the brunt of jokes from many. I'm a big boy and fortunately I don't have to live it on a day to day basis since I don't live in Ohio. I find it humorous. The Last 20 years the Browns have been a Clown show...unfortunately I was a season ticket holder for most of those years.
The Cavs gave us the first championship in my lifetime and overnight they are turning into a comedy show with Griffen, LBJ/KI wanting out. Am I the only person sensing this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 07:18 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,939,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
Being a big Cleveland sports fan, my generation has not had much to be proud of. When you get outside of Cleveland you feel the brunt of jokes from many. I'm a big boy and fortunately I don't have to live it on a day to day basis since I don't live in Ohio. I find it humorous. The Last 20 years the Browns have been a Clown show...unfortunately I was a season ticket holder for most of those years.
The Cavs gave us the first championship in my lifetime and overnight they are turning into a comedy show with Griffen, LBJ/KI wanting out. Am I the only person sensing this
No, you are not the only one sensing this; am I the only person sensing that Gilbert is causing this?

Three (3) consecutive trips to the NBA Finals; Griffin at the end of this contract, being the lowest paid GM in the NBA, and Gilbert, in his tradition of revolving GMs with short-term contracts, cans him.

We'll see how this plays out...

Old 07-22-2017, 07:20 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,434,904 times
If Kyrie doesn't care about going back to a championship, I say good riddance. No competitive spirit. Don't need that.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:27 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,939,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
If Kyrie doesn't care about going back to a championship, I say good riddance. No competitive spirit. Don't need that.
This Kyrie news is a shocker. It's not like he can't leave the Cavs later, he's still young; why not hang-in for another Championship run?

Old 07-23-2017, 11:00 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,440,463 times
Quote:

Where do you currently live? To me, with a lot of national media, it's their wet dream for Cleveland to be unsuccessful in any sports so it fits their anti-Cleveland/Midwest Hate Outside of Chicago bias, pro-Coast agenda. Also, they've been rooting for LeBron to get out of Cleveland because they wanna be in cities like L.A., NY, Miami, etc. all the time. A lot of them did not want him to go back to Cleveland.

Most of them are from big cities, especially folks at ESPN, and they're bias for their cities. Fans in other cities clown you for various reasons some jealousy, they could be a fan of the team that's going against CLE (i.e. Warriors), some have seen multiple titles in their cities so they can't relate to a Clevelander. Now, say if you're in Carolina they can't talk crap about Cleveland, they haven't won anything in pro sports. Yes, the Panthers have made it to 2 Super Bowls, but they lost both of them, so Cleveland has had more success in sports recently than Carolina.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:07 AM

221 posts, read 335,815 times
Quote:
Being a big Cleveland sports fan, my generation has not had much to be proud of. When you get outside of Cleveland you feel the brunt of jokes from many...
Like this?

BREAKING: Cleveland Browns Sign RB O.J. Simpson To 2-Year Deal Worth 14 Million - Daily Snark

Old 07-23-2017, 01:01 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,440,463 times
lol!

Old 07-23-2017, 01:05 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,875,478 times
I love Cleveland sports it is always interesting. Cavs and Indians have been good to great for the past few years and the Browns are historically bad which provides comedy.

Old 07-24-2017, 09:09 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,172,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
This Kyrie news is a shocker. It's not like he can't leave the Cavs later, he's still young; why not hang-in for another Championship run?
If the situation is as exactly as the news portrays, then Kyrie Irving and his agent are both complete idiots. There is no question that he is a great scoring talent. However, that's his entire game. He doesn't defend, rebound, block shots or, even though he's a point guard, facilitate much off the ball offense. Essentially, he owes a lot of his success to players like LBJ who help spread the floor and excel at aspects of the game that he absolutely does not. It's the entire reason he's in LeBron's "shadow" -- he can't do 25% of what LeBron does on a daily basis. Either he and his agent are both terribly naive or KI's ego is off the charts and his agent is feeding the beast.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:35 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,505,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
If the situation is as exactly as the news portrays, then Kyrie Irving and his agent are both complete idiots. There is no question that he is a great scoring talent. However, that's his entire game. He doesn't defend, rebound, block shots or, even though he's a point guard, facilitate much off the ball offense. Essentially, he owes a lot of his success to players like LBJ who help spread the floor and excel at aspects of the game that he absolutely does not. It's the entire reason he's in LeBron's "shadow" -- he can't do 25% of what LeBron does on a daily basis. Either he and his agent are both terribly naive or KI's ego is off the charts and his agent is feeding the beast.
Maybe he knows Lebron is leaving and he wants to beat him to the punch. It is not easy playing with Lebron and the way that teams is constructed there is no way that they are beating Golden St. Plus Lebron has a history of leavng teams high and dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland