Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 09:31 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,425,824 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't have thought I would be seeing this in Cleveland. Edgewater Beach.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 08:48 PM

4,511 posts, read 5,085,262 times
^Minerva, I couldn't agree with you more.

... I think the new Edgewater Beach pavilion is awesome. The people were packed on the beach, and the pavilion not only is a beautiful building with wood paneling, an upstairs bar, the usual concessions (hot dogs, ice cream, etc), swings, lounge areas, a fireplace and, btw, a direct elevated-walkway connection to Battery Park -- a mere 2 minute walk away to one of Cleveland's sexier new neighborhoods (wedged in adjacent to a classic old Detroit-Shoreway hood), featuring bars, restaurants, loft apts and tons of new townhouses and stand-alones...

And Minerva, this whole new Edgewater experiences is only ONE red-hot aspect/neighborhood in Cleveland these days... The City is literally jumping off the hook!

Old 08-02-2017, 03:02 AM

The pavilion is really nice. I agree.

One nice thing about surfing Lake Erie, no sharks to worry about.

Old 08-02-2017, 05:42 AM

840 posts, read 758,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
^Minerva, I couldn't agree with you more.

... I think the new Edgewater Beach pavilion is awesome. The people were packed on the beach, and the pavilion not only is a beautiful building with wood paneling, an upstairs bar, the usual concessions (hot dogs, ice cream, etc), swings, lounge areas, a fireplace and, btw, a direct elevated-walkway connection to Battery Park -- a mere 2 minute walk away to one of Cleveland's sexier new neighborhoods (wedged in adjacent to a classic old Detroit-Shoreway hood), featuring bars, restaurants, loft apts and tons of new townhouses and stand-alones...

And Minerva, this whole new Edgewater experiences is only ONE red-hot aspect/neighborhood in Cleveland these days... The City is literally jumping off the hook!
Which neighborhood are you referring to? What are the cross streets?

Old 08-02-2017, 10:25 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,371,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by october2007 View Post

W. 76th. St. takes you between the new edgewater pavilion and the neighborhood .

Old 08-02-2017, 10:47 AM

378 posts, read 341,136 times
Quote:
I assume the neighborhood in question is Battery Park. It's a large infill development of primarily townhouses and some single family homes that's nearing the final phase of construction with a new apartment building. It's between W76th and W73rd, from Goodwalt Ave up to the railroad tracks. The development is Battery Park which then falls within the Edgewater Hill neighborhood which is then all just part of Detroit-Shoreway.

There is also The Edison which is another new large-scale development just east of Battery Park along Breakwater Ave between W65th and W58th.

Old 08-02-2017, 10:50 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,371,371 times
Quote:

W. 76th. St. takes you between the new edgewater pavilion and the neighborhood .

Old 08-02-2017, 11:07 AM

4,511 posts, read 5,085,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_ws View Post
I assume the neighborhood in question is Battery Park. It's a large infill development of primarily townhouses and some single family homes that's nearing the final phase of construction with a new apartment building. It's between W76th and W73rd, from Goodwalt Ave up to the railroad tracks. The development is Battery Park which then falls within the Edgewater Hill neighborhood which is then all just part of Detroit-Shoreway.

There is also The Edison which is another new large-scale development just east of Battery Park along Breakwater Ave between W65th and W58th.
Exactly... I was speaking of Battery Park which is almost fully built out... The new partially opened Edison towhouses are several blocks east. The entrance to the Edgewater Beach tunnel is directly adjacent to W. 76th where it ends next to the Shoreway Lofts industrial building retrofit (and it's fancy new Vita Urbana restaurant). It's all a most excellent urban experience.

ps I realize it's Minervah, not Minerva... sorry 'bout that.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Exactly... I was speaking of Battery Park which is almost fully built out... The new partially opened Edison towhouses are several blocks east. The entrance to the Edgewater Beach tunnel is directly adjacent to W. 76th where it ends next to the Shoreway Lofts industrial building retrofit (and it's fancy new Vita Urbana restaurant). It's all a most excellent urban experience.

ps I realize it's Minervah, not Minerva... sorry 'bout that.
Actually it is Minerva but I needed one more letter or symbol for my ID because there were more Minervas at the time I joined CD.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:27 AM

378 posts, read 341,136 times
Quote:
There is also the tunnel next to the Edison which connects to W73rd, which I guess would be the "main entrance" to the park.

But yeah, I get what you mean in terms of Beach House access.

Anyway, back on topic, very cool shots!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland