Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 01:38 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,449,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post

Also, didn't you get tired standing for 13 innings??? Was anyone with you? How much did the standing room tickets cost you? Regardless, it was worth it. You'll likely never forget the experience, especially as you didn't bail when the Indians fell behind five runs; did you notice many fans, especially those in standing room areas, leaving?
My brother was with me. We did stand for the entire 5 hour plus game, which was pretty tiring, but totally worth it in the end. My brother got the tickets online when they were released, I think like $150?

Almost nobody left throughout the game, which was awesome. Place was still packed for the walk off. Thousands of people outside right behind us on the plaza, especially as the game got interesting and the Cavs game let out. If anything, as the game got down to it in extras, the Terrace standing room started filling up as people wanted to escape the very much removed club for the end I think.

It really feels like a team of destiny this year. That win was so improbable and so impressive. Will absolutely never forget it. I should stop going to games now because I'll probably never see something that crazy again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2017, 09:28 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Almost nobody left throughout the game, which was awesome. Place was still packed for the walk off. Thousands of people outside right behind us on the plaza, especially as the game got interesting and the Cavs game let out. If anything, as the game got down to it in extras, the Terrace standing room started filling up as people wanted to escape the very much removed club for the end I think.
Very impressive!

Old 10-08-2017, 07:22 AM

14,020 posts, read 15,018,765 times
Quote:
My brother was with me. We did stand for the entire 5 hour plus game, which was pretty tiring, but totally worth it in the end. My brother got the tickets online when they were released, I think like $150?

It really feels like a team of destiny this year. That win was so improbable and so impressive. Will absolutely never forget it. I should stop going to games now because I'll probably never see something that crazy again.
I would like to thank the Indians. Crushing the Yankees is the only thing that's allowing the Sox-Astros to be tolerable.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
I would like to thank the Indians. Crushing the Yankees is the only thing that's allowing the Sox-Astros to be tolerable.
Ha! I was hoping for the Sox to win so I could go back to Boston and see the ALCS, but it doesn't look promising. I think they might pull one out today though.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:56 AM

14,020 posts, read 15,018,765 times
Quote:
Ha! I was hoping for the Sox to win so I could go back to Boston and see the ALCS, but it doesn't look promising. I think they might pull one out today though.
I do have soft spot for the Indians and for Tito, so if the Sox don't do it, I hope the Indians win.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:37 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
We had planned to go to a "sports bar" to see the game Friday night but opted to drink and eat at our dingy hotel bar on Euclid & E. 36th. It actually was cool to hang with about a dozen Clevelanders who lived and died by each pitch, instead of everyone profiling with their brand new jerseys and hats.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:41 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,147,519 times
Game 5 necessary. Kluber is going to be tested. I am super nervous!

Old 10-10-2017, 12:49 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
Game 5 necessary. Kluber is going to be tested. I am super nervous!
I wonder if Salazar had started if the result would have been different. Did Francona pull him to save him for game 5? Of course, Salazar did have an error.

On the plus side, note that the Yankees had only one earned run. Urshela unfortunately had perhaps the worst defensive game of his pro career. Urshela and Perez undermined Bauer's effort.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/indians-...ox,game=526480

Indians pay for costly errors in loss to Yanks | MLB.com

Old 10-10-2017, 02:42 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
Ah boy...

Old 10-10-2017, 05:08 AM

Cant expect to win when you give away free runs. Just gotta hope Kluber is normal for game 5. But offense is still a concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: