Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 12:03 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,146,072 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

Just rebooked my trip: Oct 7-9. I am hoping the Indians have a game during this weekend- a baseball buddy said there is a good chance.

Staying downtown as usual. Either way, can't wait!

Spirit did give me a voucher so it's $218 rt with good seats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2017, 07:08 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
Hey all,

Just rebooked my trip: Oct 7-9. I am hoping the Indians have a game during this weekend- a baseball buddy said there is a good chance.

Staying downtown as usual. Either way, can't wait!

Spirit did give me a voucher so it's $218 rt with good seats.
I'll be in CLE October 5-8. See ya there!

Old 09-18-2017, 07:24 AM

Man, I am lame. I did not see the dates for the playoffs...I miss by one day. I will be in town for an "away" game so hopefully find a fun place to watch. Maybe a watch party downtown?

Old 09-19-2017, 05:33 PM

1,886 posts, read 1,439,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
Man, I am lame. I did not see the dates for the playoffs...I miss by one day. I will be in town for an "away" game so hopefully find a fun place to watch. Maybe a watch party downtown?
There could be a possibility of a watch party at Progressive Field. They did them during the World Series last year maybe they'll extend them throughout the playoffs this year.

Old 09-20-2017, 03:55 PM

1,796 posts, read 2,227,120 times
Great time to come. Fall leaves peaking. Lucky duck.

Old 09-22-2017, 10:34 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,420,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
Great time to come. Fall leaves peaking. Lucky duck.
It may be a week or two early for peak fall colors, especially with the current balmy weather. Thinking about it, the dry weather may accelerate leaf turn.

The Cavaliers might have an pre-season game.

Have you ever done a corn maze?

Lake County Park Event Calendar - Lake Metroparks | Lake Metroparks

Calendar | The Holden Arboretum

Bring binoculars for Leaf Turn.

HalloWeekends at Cedar Point?

http://www.thisiscleveland.com/event...bmitBtn=Search

See Holmes County in Ohio Amish Country here:

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/tr...autumn-leaves/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g...h.Country.html

Malabar Farm and the Mohican Region also are a personal favorite during Leaf Turn.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g...Day.Trips.html

Patterson Fruit Farm is an east side favorite in the autumn.

http://www.pattersonfarm.com/

Last edited by WRnative; 09-22-2017 at 10:45 PM..

Old 09-24-2017, 11:09 AM

869 posts, read 1,277,004 times
This morning I saw on the national CBS Sunday morning news, the Cleveland Museum of Art has a special 100 year Rodin exhibit / feature.

Sure enough, via our friend google: Rodin

Old 09-29-2017, 07:48 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,420,786 times
Default Fall colors outlook

We've had very dry and warm weather for late summer. Several days in late September were above 90 degrees F., setting records.

Apparently, very dry weather causes trees to produce less chlorophyll, and when this happens the remaining pigments in the trees are exposed causing fall colors. I've already seen some fall colors, so next weekend might be pretty good, but I would be surprised if it would be peak fall colors, but this might be more likely further south away from the lake, such as at Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

http://www.cleveland.com/travel/inde...r_could_m.html

Northeast Ohio fall foliage forecast from an expert naturalist: On the Radar with Kelly Reardon (video) | cleveland.com

<<This fall, according to ODNR Fall Forester Casey Burdick, we are expecting that peak color should be peaking in the northern third of Ohio at the end of the second full week of October...>>

http://fallcolor.ohiodnr.gov/fall-co...ormation-begin

Fall | Ohio. Find it here.

Dry, hot weather could lead to less vibrant fall colors

This was on my mind this morning because I noticed for the first time some decent number of leaves had fallen on my lawn. Yet trees in my area still are largely green with just some incipient leaf turn.

Holden has its "Goblins in the Gardens" event the weekend of your visit.

Halloween

Take a few days to explore Holden Arboretum

Old 09-29-2017, 08:28 AM

Thank you! Lots to do! Also, found out it's the Monsters home opener that Sat. night so might do that as well. There's another cheap tix around Dec. 7th as well. $218 rt so could be back for colder weather.

Can't wait!

Old 09-29-2017, 02:47 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,312,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
We've had very dry and warm weather for late summer. Several days in late September were above 90 degrees F., setting records.

Apparently, very dry weather causes trees to produce less chlorophyll, and when this happens the remaining pigments in the trees are exposed causing fall colors. I've already seen some fall colors, so next weekend might be pretty good, but I would be surprised if it would be peak fall colors, but this might be more likely further south away from the lake, such as at Cuyahoga Valley National Park.

Warm September weather could mute fall colors in Ohio | cleveland.com

Northeast Ohio fall foliage forecast from an expert naturalist: On the Radar with Kelly Reardon (video) | cleveland.com

<<This fall, according to ODNR Fall Forester Casey Burdick, we are expecting that peak color should be peaking in the northern third of Ohio at the end of the second full week of October...>>

http://fallcolor.ohiodnr.gov/fall-co...ormation-begin

Fall | Ohio. Find it here.

Dry, hot weather could lead to less vibrant fall colors

This was on my mind this morning because I noticed for the first time some decent number of leaves had fallen on my lawn. Yet trees in my area still are largely green with just some incipient leaf turn.

Holden has its "Goblins in the Gardens" event the weekend of your visit.

Halloween

Take a few days to explore Holden Arboretum

I started seeing fall colors as early as late August!

Here's a picture I took on August 30. This is on West 139th Street in West Park:
Attached Thumbnails
Rebooked!-colors.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: