U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2020, 11:24 AM

9,952 posts, read 9,306,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1261 View Post
Perhaps the citizens were far more willing to do their part and not defy orders to quarantine and remain out of the range where there is breath exchanged. Was there a lot of video of Koreans during spring break saying "If I get it, I get it."?

That's as bad as all the bandwagon morons who think that the ball dropping on NYE means Corona is over because 2020 ended. Corona will remain for at least a year, as long as there are people like most in this thread not willing to do their part to corral it. All the whining about "rights".... Well, I have the right for you to not infect me, do I not? Most of them are so stupid they still don't get that masks don't protect the wearer. It protects the people the wearer contacts. Do you even get what "airborne contagion" means or is that too complex of a word for you?

I truly hope that everyone who refuses to wear a mask or goes out and buys a fake exemption card gets Corona and died slowly and painfully. That's your punishment for risking MY health.
People comment about the rest of the world with this assumption that they have all obeyed their country's version of Fauci and everything has been great and the only place that isn't great is the USA.

Seoul to ban gatherings of five or more as South Korea's daily death toll hits new high

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-12-2...T0A/index.html
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2020, 05:24 PM

4,359 posts, read 6,320,560 times
I think what's most important is that our "leadership" has waffled so many times that people who were on the fence began to completely ignore them. If Trump would've had a cohesive strategy, this probably would've gone better than it has. Even though SK is seeing a spike, it is one that is mostly manageable. They've had 51,000 cases to date (0.1% infection rate). We've had 18 million (5.5% infection rate). The simple fact was that our national strategy was complete garbage and it shows. If there is a single line item that cost him the election, this is undoubtedly it.

Old 12-21-2020, 08:17 PM

9,952 posts, read 9,306,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
I think what's most important is that our "leadership" has waffled so many times that people who were on the fence began to completely ignore them. If Trump would've had a cohesive strategy, this probably would've gone better than it has. Even though SK is seeing a spike, it is one that is mostly manageable. They've had 51,000 cases to date (0.1% infection rate). We've had 18 million (5.5% infection rate). The simple fact was that our national strategy was complete garbage and it shows. If there is a single line item that cost him the election, this is undoubtedly it.
Do we know what tests South Korea used? Or who got them on what basis? Or any knowledge of any possible prior immunity from other SARS viruses?

It's just not a 1:1.

Old 12-21-2020, 11:42 PM

4,359 posts, read 6,320,560 times
I'm sure the CDC has a firm handle on that correlation. The last I read, everyone in the free world is using a similar battery of testing. Regardless, I doubt that SK's methodology is watering their data down by a factor of 55. Their lockdown is in response to what we had in the past considered a minor spike. Let's face it, the Trump administration didn't publicly admit this thing was real until it was way too late and, even then, still foolishly played the skeptic and then essentially pushed most of the responsibility onto the states. This complete lack of strategy was a recipe for the current disaster we are experiencing. It's like fighting a war with a common enemy but having each state formulate their own battle plan on the fly. What could possibly go wrong (besides everything)?

Old 04-12-2021, 03:54 AM

9,740 posts, read 6,521,408 times
Aqua di Luca, featuring southern Italian cuisine (Mediterranean?), will open shortly in the former XO Prime Steakhouse location at St. Clair Avenue and West 6th St.

<<The menu will include salads, oysters, fresh seafood, whole fish – “Luca likes to break ‘em down,” Lola said of her chef husband.

For pizzas, forget about basic pepperoni. The Semas will offer seafood and truffle versions.

To go with the menu items expect a well-culled wine list. A crevice separated by about five feet and original brick walls, in the middle of the building, is being converted into a wine cellar.

“This is going to be my wine cellar,” Lola said on a recent tour of the space, laughing. “Did you notice I said ‘my’ cellar? "

And the plan is to devote eight of 12 taps for local beers. “Cleveland is a great beer town,” she said. “It’s the Germany of America.”>>

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainm...cleveland.html

The article suggests that the new restaurant will offer a good Happy Hour!

This new restaurant likely will provide stiff competition to the seafood-centric Blue Point Grille nearby.

I wonder how badly these Warehouse District restaurants, and the Warehouse District in general, will be hurt by the loss of Public Square/Warehouse District surface parking lots as the Sherwin Williams HQ project impacts the district.

Old 04-12-2021, 03:59 AM

9,740 posts, read 6,521,408 times
Default Best Cuyahoga County Happy Hours

Open Table recently offered a ranked listing of Cuyahoga County's best Happy Hours. Blue Point Grille and Cleveland Chop top the list. The headline says best downtown Happy Hours, but these restaurants are scattered throughout Cuyahoga County, such as Taste, ranked 7th, in Cleveland Heights.

https://www.opentable.com/features/b...n-cleveland-oh

Old Today, 03:35 AM

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Michael Schwartz, the James Beard award-winning chef from Miami will open a Michael's Genuine Food & Drink in the new Van Aken Center this coming spring. It will offer a "sweet & savory" Sunday brunch.

[url]https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2018/11/james-beard-award-winning-chef-michael-schwartz-to-open-michaels-genuine-food-drink-in-van-aken-next-spring.html[/url]
My favorite brunch. upvote. yeah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland