Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 07:13 AM

33 posts, read 48,546 times

Advertisements

My wife and I just moved to Cleveland from Houston, TX last month and bought a home in Lakewood. We recently took a trip to Japan and enjoyed the ramen bowls Japan had to offer. In Houston, there were many ramen restaurants that we would frequent. Are there any good ramen restaurants in Cleveland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2018, 04:10 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times
Default Cleveland ramen restaurants

I'm not a ramen fan (pho is my thing), but I hear good things about Otani. Note that Xinji is convenient for you in Ohio City. Flying Cranes, Ushaba, and Bac Asian, all are in Tremont, not far from the West Side Market. Yuzu is in Lakewood.

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_des...leveland%2C+OH

The A-list of Greater Cleveland's 100 best restaurants, according to Cleveland.com, includes the following Japanese restaurants: Bac Asian in Tremont, Ginko in Tremont, Ninja City in University Circle, Pacific East in Cleveland Hts., and Shuhei in Beachwood.

Noodlecat, a ramen restaurant, was on the A-list when located downtown. It since has moved to Crocker Park in Westlake. Check recent reviews.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/noodlecat-westlake

Let us know your favorites!!!

Old 04-30-2018, 05:45 PM

840 posts, read 760,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkGuyBlkGT View Post
My wife and I just moved to Cleveland from Houston, TX last month and bought a home in Lakewood. We recently took a trip to Japan and enjoyed the ramen bowls Japan had to offer. In Houston, there were many ramen restaurants that we would frequent. Are there any good ramen restaurants in Cleveland?
I know a woman who is here from Japan and she doesn't think much of the ramen places here but maybe the ones mentioned are good enough. I would give anything for a conveyor belt sushi place. That's what I really miss from my last city.

Old 05-01-2018, 04:19 AM

671 posts, read 1,057,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
I'm not a ramen fan (pho is my thing)

Pho is your thing, great. Can you point me in the direction of the best? I live on the east side and work at University Circle and though I haven't searched since having moved here, I haven't stumbled upon any pho places. Help would be appreciated.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam36 View Post
Pho is your thing, great. Can you point me in the direction of the best? I live on the east side and work at University Circle and though I haven't searched since having moved here, I haven't stumbled upon any pho places. Help would be appreciated.
Superior Pho in Chinatown is very good as is Pho and Rice on Coventry. I prefer atmosphere of Pho and Rice as it is more light filled with additional seating at a counter with street view. Both very good though.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam36 View Post
Have you tried Ninja City yet? Pho & Rice on Coventry is a short hop from University Circle.

Pho Row is on Superior Ave. in Asiatown, not that far from University Circle.

The 10 Best Bowls of Pho in Cleveland

Bac Asian in Tremont, Ninja City in University Circle, and Superior Pho on Superior Ave. are pho restaurants included on Cleveland.com's A-list of 100 best restaurants in Cleveland.

100 best restaurants in Cleveland -- The complete 2017 A-List dining guide | cleveland.com

In the left margin of tripadvisor.com restaurant rankings, you can screen for Vietnamese restaurants. TripAdvisor reviewers, many downtown visitors, rank downtown's Pho Thang as the city's best Vietnamese restaurant.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...land_Ohio.html

Superior Pho often is considered to have Cleveland's best pho. Only family seating is offered, and the entrance is through a back door off the parking lot behind the building. If others are like me, they don't check out other pho restaurants because Superior Pho is a known quantity. I like the pho/banh mi sandwich combos there. Minh-Anh in the Gordon Square District is good as well based on personal experience.

Michael Symon's stellar endorsement of Superior Pho helps its reputation immeasurably.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/...t-in-cleveland

Let us know your favorites.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:30 AM

33 posts, read 48,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
I'm not a ramen fan (pho is my thing), but I hear good things about Otani. Note that Xinji is convenient for you in Ohio City. Flying Cranes, Ushaba, and Bac Asian, all are in Tremont, not far from the West Side Market. Yuzu is in Lakewood.

The A-list of Greater Cleveland's 100 best restaurants, according to Cleveland.com, includes the following Japanese restaurants: Bac Asian in Tremont, Ginko in Tremont, Ninja City in University Circle, Pacific East in Cleveland Hts., and Shuhei in Beachwood.

Noodlecat, a ramen restaurant, was on the A-list when located downtown. It since has moved to Crocker Park in Westlake. Check recent reviews.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/noodlecat-westlake

Noodlecat is garbage. My wife and I tried it. No where close to being authentic. Not really looking for asian infusion but as close to authentic tonkotsu ramen as we can find. We tried Yuzu since it will be close to us in Lakewood and it was decent but I feel there must be better in Cleveland.

We will try some of the others you have mentioned.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:28 PM

671 posts, read 1,057,394 times
Thank you to all the pho supporters out there. This helps. I didn't realize that Ninja City had pho. Good deal.

Old 05-06-2018, 05:19 AM

There's a little sushi place downtown on E. 4th called Sapporo. It seems pretty authentic and has good sushi. I just noticed they serve ramen and udon soup also so it might be good.

Old 05-13-2018, 02:26 AM

Ninja City relocated to Detroit Shoreway?

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and...-gordon-square

Their website still lists the University Circle address.

Ninja City Kitchen & Bar

???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland