Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 07:42 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,932,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
four seasons of Cleveland -----summer-----almost winter-----winter------still winter
I've always loved that line........but i like this one better:

There are 4 seasons in Ohio, Construction, almost winter, winter and still winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 08:01 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,416 times
here is a link that has some very unusual views of cleveland most people dont see.Cleveland Skyline Views

Old 01-17-2008, 09:05 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,281,289 times
Thanks for posting!

I like these three the best:

http://www.clevelandskyscrapers.com/...arfieldsky.jpg

http://www.clevelandskyscrapers.com/...romeast9th.jpg

http://www.clevelandskyscrapers.com/...cleskyPH06.jpg

Old 01-18-2008, 06:05 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,897,124 times
I didn't take the first one of the Terminal Tower during construction of the Lorain Ave Bridge(it's pretty old!), but I've always loved it.

I took the second one along the Erie Canal somewhere near Penisula.
Attached Thumbnails
Cleveland Pictures-bridge26.jpg   Cleveland Pictures-canal-lock.jpg  

Old 01-18-2008, 06:32 PM

2 posts, read 5,376 times
Default "thugs & mexicans"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbbxjrx View Post
Nice... But...

Picture #1 : The Flats ... No one goes there anymore because the "thugs" took it over and now there is nothing..

Picture #4 : Edgewater ... No one goes there anymore because of the "thugs" and mexicans and not to mention the high level of toxic slime in Lake Erie.. As well as the couple standing there freezing there a$$es off..

I have been to the flats and edgewater a few times, all I ever saw were hillbillys, Wops, and assorted Eastern Europeans that looked like they just got off the boat. I did see a couple skinny dogs and used condoms strewn about the shoreline but never saw any mexicans.

Old 01-18-2008, 06:38 PM

2 posts, read 5,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbbxjrx View Post
Nice... But...

Picture #1 : The Flats ... No one goes there anymore because the "thugs" took it over and now there is nothing..

Picture #4 : Edgewater ... No one goes there anymore because of the "thugs" and mexicans and not to mention the high level of toxic slime in Lake Erie.. As well as the couple standing there freezing there a$$es off..

have been to the flats and edgewater a few times, all I ever saw were hillbillys, Wops, and assorted Eastern Europeans that looked like they just got off the boat. I did see a couple skinny dogs and used condoms strewn about the shoreline but never saw any mexicans.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:15 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,900,018 times
Great shots! That last one is quite interesting, the area of older buildings is really changing. I hope 515 Euclid Tower gets built. Thats right along Euclid Avenue that is getting a major face lift. The tower is proposed to be over 20 stories housing condo units and such.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:35 PM

4,649 posts, read 4,970,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramflo View Post
I did see a couple skinny dogs and used condoms strewn about the shoreline but never saw any mexicans.
That's because there aren't any. They're Puerto Ricans. But hey, brown people are all the same!

Old 01-21-2008, 09:43 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,512,277 times
I miss Cleveland...born and raised there. Yeah, the weather isn't great, but if you can make a good living, you can live anywhere.
I can't ever get back there, because there aren't many jobs now.
Cleveland is very diverse, and I miss things like the West Side Market.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:35 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
That's because there aren't any. They're Puerto Ricans. But hey, brown people are all the same!
All brown people are not the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland