Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2019, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 3,939 times

Advertisements

Hello Friends,

Jai Hind!

I am looking to move from NY to Cleaveland Ohio. I am moving with spouse and kids. I have two kids 8 and 4 years old. I am basically looking the apartments in middleburgh heights or near by areas where majority of Indians live. I am looking for exact apartment names if possible.

My office is in mayfield heights, if there is Indian community near that area you guys can suggest that will great too.

Also I am looking for good rating elementary school.

Any help is appreciable.

Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2019, 08:01 AM

869 posts, read 1,277,004 times
Welcome!

You may want to try connecting folks who run this:

Federation of India Community Associations ( FICA )

Side note:

This is coming up in a couple weeks:

Cleveland Thyagaraja Festival

Old 05-17-2019, 08:34 AM

1 posts, read 3,805 times
Default I am moving there too, want to share information

hi Nidhi
I am moving there too, would love to connect and share what i know and learn if you have found any good places to live let me know if you want to connect via email ?

Old 05-18-2019, 12:51 PM

994 posts, read 778,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhimittal View Post
Hello Friends,

Jai Hind!

I am looking to move from NY to Cleaveland Ohio. I am moving with spouse and kids. I have two kids 8 and 4 years old. I am basically looking the apartments in middleburgh heights or near by areas where majority of Indians live. I am looking for exact apartment names if possible.

My office is in mayfield heights, if there is Indian community near that area you guys can suggest that will great too.

Also I am looking for good rating elementary school.

Any help is appreciable.

Thanks a lot!
The Islander apartments in Middleburg Heights has to have the highest concentration of Indians in Northeast Ohio, if not all of Ohio. It's probably 60 percent plus Indian. Then the nearby Parkside Towers in Strongsville also has a sizable Indian population, along with some of the other large apartments along Pearl Road in Strongsville.

The Islander is in the Berea School District then the ones in Strongsville are in the Strongsville schools. Both districts are rated high and are probably the two most diverse in the SW suburbs. Both are in the 6 to 8 percent Asian range, with Indians making up the bulk of the Asian students in each district. The elementary schools in those areas are probably more like 15 to 20 percent Asian... again mainly Indian.

I'm not as familiar with Mayfield but I believe there are a lot of Indians living there. The Mayfield schools are also very good and it would obviously be a lot closer to work.

Old 09-05-2023, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,186 times
Hi

I am Anisha pursuing my final year of my master's in Cleveland, I reside in Islander apartments in Middleburg Heights, and I have recently received a temporary permit (Learning license) for driving.
I am looking for someone to teach me driving, at nearby Islander apartments.

If any info, please let me know here.

Thanks

Old 12-18-2023, 02:22 PM
on3

498 posts, read 383,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandBrown View Post
The Islander apartments in Middleburg Heights has to have the highest concentration of Indians in Northeast Ohio, if not all of Ohio. It's probably 60 percent plus Indian. Then the nearby Parkside Towers in Strongsville also has a sizable Indian population, along with some of the other large apartments along Pearl Road in Strongsville.

The Islander is in the Berea School District then the ones in Strongsville are in the Strongsville schools. Both districts are rated high and are probably the two most diverse in the SW suburbs. Both are in the 6 to 8 percent Asian range, with Indians making up the bulk of the Asian students in each district. The elementary schools in those areas are probably more like 15 to 20 percent Asian... again mainly Indian.

I'm not as familiar with Mayfield but I believe there are a lot of Indians living there. The Mayfield schools are also very good and it would obviously be a lot closer to work.
This is a fact, and on top of that, no one and I mean NO ONE makes a meaner dish of chicken 65 than the families that stay at the Islander. I've tried it at other places and it just doesn't compare. I don't know if the recipe was handed down to them from A.M. Buhari himself, but by the time anyone of Indian background moving to Cleveland area is done eating a bowl of chicken 65 prepared by one of the tenants at the Islander, they won't even want to eat even say Chicken Biryani anymore much less spend the time to make it. All you'll want to eat is chicken 65.

So while this thread is old I'll leave you with this....for anyone looking for Indian families in Cleveland ohio area..... 1st things 1st.... I'd get yourself over to the Islander, make some friends, learn the chicken 65 recipe from them, and then you'll be well on your way.

Old 02-02-2024, 02:02 PM

1,796 posts, read 2,227,120 times
I didn't know about Chicken 65, nor about the Indian population at the Islander. The things you learn here!
I'd love to know the history behind the high% of Indian families there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland