Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2017, 12:35 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,239,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan137 View Post
YES! I would've liked to see SOME type of retail on there, confirmed though. Perhaps something like Marimekko (Cleveland has a decent Finnish population in the metro which would help it along perhaps)? A NikeTown? A Patagonia? A Samsung store? Something somewhat trendy (not necessarily expensive, though), that would sorta not be found at Beachwood or Crocker? Anyone else have ideas for other spots they would like to see? I LOVE the Cleveland Live! Concept. While there are watch parties at arenas and gateway, there is nothing quite like this in Cleveland as of yet, and it will ensure the space will get used. Here's a vid of the KC P&L during the World Cup a few years back, just to see how awesome this would be for downtown to have:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz2OExBuXS8
Also: Alamo Drafthouse/Cinebistro or some similar concept. That's one of the very few concepts I don't think the Cleveland area has quite yet. Just thinking out loud to, I think it would be cool to keep the laneway idea in the project, and let it be taken up by local fashion designers, or even just small business ideas in general, perhaps a mini Santee Alley, a la, Los Angeles?
Since I've already gone over board coming up with ideas for places that may or may not ever happen, I feel like a neat little addition to the area might be a LEGOLAND Discovery Center. There's one in Kansas City, and so I don't think it's out of the question here as there aren't too many similar concepts.
P & L looks like the EpiCentre in Charlotte.

Anyone have any idea on when Nucleus will start, or Weston Citymark?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 05:04 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,374,141 times
Breweries are breathing new life into vacant buildings across Northeast Ohio - newsnet5.com Cleveland

Old 02-14-2017, 05:22 AM

Ohioaninsc, Here is a list of future, started and completed buildings.
NEOtrans: Cleveland ready to scrape the skies more
http://www.crainscleveland.com/artic...ds-small-piece

Last edited by 1watertiger; 02-14-2017 at 05:33 AM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 02-14-2017, 08:33 AM

869 posts, read 1,277,651 times
Collision Bend Brewing Co. looking at April opening (photos, video) | cleveland.com

Old 02-16-2017, 11:28 AM

237 posts, read 249,260 times
Beacon apartment tower in downtown Cleveland aims for spring construction start (photos) | cleveland.com

Old 02-18-2017, 04:42 PM

Cleveland Clinic to open new Taussig Cancer Center on main campus (photos) | cleveland.com

Old 02-19-2017, 04:10 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,429,613 times
Default Ohio City Irishtown Bend park to facilitate Lake Link Trail completion

Ohio City soon may have a 17-acre park along the Cuyahoga River just south of Detroit Ave.

A new Irishtown Bend park also apparently will facilitate the completion of the Cleveland Foundation Centennial Lake Link Trail (click on red dots in article map).

Ohio City park plan, at Irishtown Bend, gets legs with Clean Ohio grant to buy, clear land (photos) | cleveland.com

Old 02-19-2017, 02:14 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,315,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Ohio City soon may have a 17-acre park along the Cuyahoga River just south of Detroit Ave.

A new Irishtown Bend park also apparently will facilitate the completion of the Cleveland Foundation Centennial Lake Link Trail (click on red dots in article map).

Ohio City park plan, at Irishtown Bend, gets legs with Clean Ohio grant to buy, clear land (photos) | cleveland.com
That sounds really cool. That area is oh, so close to the projects, however. If the park becomes reality, I just hope that the ghetto element doesn't come in and ruin it.

Old 02-19-2017, 04:01 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,429,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
That sounds really cool. That area is oh, so close to the projects, however. If the park becomes reality, I just hope that the ghetto element doesn't come in and ruin it.
I don't know the area. The CMHA has agreed to sell 6.5 acres of vacant buildings for the park:

<<The grant, through the Clean Ohio Conservation Program, will pay for acquisition of 6.9 acres along the east side of West 25th Street, just south of Detroit Avenue. Flowing to nonprofit group LAND Studio, the money also will cover the cost of razing empty Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority buildings and tearing up pitted parking lots that create an air of blight....

Appraisals put the value of the CMHA properties at $900,000. The agency, required to sell property at fair market value, must jump through federal hoops before transfers can occur.
The agency's parcels span 6.5 acres.>>

How far away are the remaining CMHA properties?

Old 02-19-2017, 04:25 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,315,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
How far away are the remaining CMHA properties?
Lakeview Terrace is within only a couple blocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland