Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2017, 10:25 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,431,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Lots of parking Triskett-Brookpark. The problem you keep missing here is the fact that fewer people work downtown, parking is inexpensive, and downtown is not difficult to deal with. Parking is always readily available. Puritas station offers longish-term parking for airport travelers but, I know it's hard to believe, there is/was car break-ins while your car sits there a night or a few.
I don't disagree with the likelihood of your comments being underlying problems. My point is that I would like to see a statistical analysis that confirms your beliefs. This is not too much to ask of a large organization such as RTA, and should be demanded by citizens and political leaders.

Again, is parking readily available at West 150th/Puritas during weekday working hours???

Last edited by WRnative; 03-11-2017 at 11:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2017, 10:43 AM

4,823 posts, read 4,943,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
I don't agree with the likelihood of your comments being underlying problems. My point is that I would like to see a statistical analysis that confirms your beliefs. This is not too much to ask of a large organization such as RTA, and should be demanded by citizens and political leaders.

Again, is parking readily available at West 150th/Puritas during weekday working hours???
Tell ya what: take a ride on the Red Line during a workday and you can see the parking lots; no need for statistical analysis. Some of the parking lots have been downsized.

Why don't you use the RTA on a regular/daily basis for about a month using the buses, rapid lines, and BRT before you make opinions or challenge people that actually use the RTA and state their respective experiences, positive or negative, but especially your challenge of users' negative experiences/opinions.

Not sure what's up here but I've stated numerous times that parking is plentiful from Triskett-Brookpark (the extension stations from the original rapid line). Triskett-Brookpark means the stations between Triskett and Brookpark; again, if you actually knew the system, you would know that Triskett-Brookpark is not one station. Probably time for me to continue an RTA discussion with you. Look at October2007 posts: she's been in CLE for 6 weeks and wants to buy a car.

A system that has lost 90 million riders and you think parking is an issue at Red Line stations? Do you seriously believe parking is a problem at the rapid stations with the lackluster ridership on the Red Line?

Maybe the buses running through Public Square will increase RTA ridership given that the transfer delays will be eliminated now. Actually fewer people will use the RTA to come downtown to enjoy Public Square and spend $$, especially suburban families.

Why don't you file a demand for statistical information from the RTA? Go for it!

Old 03-11-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Tell ya what: take a ride on the Red Line during a workday and you can see the parking lots; no need for statistical analysis. Some of the parking lots have been downsized.

Why don't you use the RTA on a regular/daily basis for about a month using the buses, rapid lines, and BRT before you make opinions or challenge people that actually use the RTA and state their respective experiences, positive or negative, but especially your challenge of users' negative experiences/opinions.

Not sure what's up here but I've stated numerous times that parking is plentiful from Triskett-Brookpark (the extension stations from the original rapid line). Triskett-Brookpark means the stations between Triskett and Brookpark; again, if you actually knew the system, you would know that Triskett-Brookpark is not one station. Probably time for me to continue an RTA discussion with you. Look at October2007 posts: she's been in CLE for 6 weeks and wants to buy a car.

A system that has lost 90 million riders and you think parking is an issue at Red Line stations? Do you seriously believe parking is a problem at the rapid stations with the lackluster ridership on the Red Line?

Maybe the buses running through Public Square will increase RTA ridership given that the transfer delays will be eliminated now. Actually fewer people will use the RTA to come downtown to enjoy Public Square and spend $$, especially suburban families.

Why don't you file a demand for statistical information from the RTA? Go for it!
I'm only particularly interested in whether parking is readily available on weekdays at the West 150th/Puritas station. I'm not asking to challenge your assertions, but more for personal reasons given its convenience to I-71. And given its convenience to I-71, it's the one western Red Line station that I would think might still fill up on weekdays.

Rather than engage in a ridiculous diatribe, just say you don't know, if that's the case. However, I likely evoked your diatribe by writing in post 2471 that I "don't agree" with your theories when I had meant to write that "I don't disagree." I was able to correct that with an edit. Sorry.

Last edited by WRnative; 03-11-2017 at 11:55 AM..

Old 03-11-2017, 11:46 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,449,561 times
Would like to see some stats on what stations get used the most. Does anyone know if this is anywhere up to date? Haven't found anything myself.

Its too bad the w 65 stop is not in Gordon square. The 117 stop is kinda on the fringe too. Ohio City is a good spot, so is little italy and university circle, but they still aren't right in the middle of things. I realize it's impossible to change, just bemoaning the fact.

Does anyone commute nowadays on the rta during normal business hours? How is it?

Old 03-11-2017, 11:50 AM

Quote:
I'm only particularly interested in whether parking is readily available on weekdays at the West 150th/Puritas station. I'm not asking to challenge your assertions, but more for personal reasons given its convenience to I-71.

Rather than engage in a ridiculous diatribe, just say you don't know, if that's the case.
If you haven't been able to decipher whether or not parking is plentiful at W 150/Puritas from my posts...hope it works out for you.

Don't throw ridiculous diatribe rocks when you live in a ridiculous diatribe glass house.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:52 AM

840 posts, read 760,590 times
Quote:
Living closer to more robust bus lines, and the bus and rail rapids is the only solution to this concern, which likely will get worse, not better for at least several years given our current political leadership in Ohio.
Well, I'm in Cleveland Heights and trying to go almost anywhere entails a connection to another bus which is tricky and often involves a long wait as most buses seem to run only every 30-45 minutes or even once an hour. I try and go to many places around the city and don't know which "robust bus lines" you speak of (some west side buses do run more frequently) and as I said I am frustrated by the service and will need a car which I don't want.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
If you haven't been able to decipher whether or not parking is plentiful at W 150/Puritas from my posts...hope it works out for you.

Don't throw ridiculous diatribe rocks when you live in a ridiculous diatribe glass house.
Your new tactic in repeated threads when you don't know something specifically is to pretend that you've already answered a question. What a joke.

Obviously, if you explicitly stated that the West 150th/Puritas doesn't normally fill up on workdays, and someone else with actual knowledge said you were wrong, that wouldn't work out well for your already suspect credibility.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by october2007 View Post
Well, I'm in Cleveland Heights and trying to go almost anywhere entails a connection to another bus which is tricky and often involves a long wait as most buses seem to run only every 30-45 minutes or even once an hour. I try and go to many places around the city and don't know which "robust bus lines" you speak of (some west side buses do run more frequently) and as I said I am frustrated by the service and will need a car which I don't want.
If you use Google Transit at the RTA home page, you can identify bus and rapid lines involved in a trip and then check the schedules for those lines at the RTA website. The rail and bus rapids, especially the Healthline, likely have the most robust schedules. So, if you can take a bus to a rail or bus rapid station, you likely will have fewer connection problems.

Old 03-11-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Would like to see some stats on what stations get used the most. Does anyone know if this is anywhere up to date? Haven't found anything myself.

Its too bad the w 65 stop is not in Gordon square. The 117 stop is kinda on the fringe too. Ohio City is a good spot, so is little italy and university circle, but they still aren't right in the middle of things. I realize it's impossible to change, just bemoaning the fact.

Does anyone commute nowadays on the rta during normal business hours? How is it?
The original Red Line was built in the 1950s and extended west to the airport in the '60s. It really becomes a commuter line from Triskett to Brookpark. OC/UC/LI and even 65th/98th are good for street/foot access. Cleveland needs to attract college educated taxpayers to build those areas, esp the west side, north of Lorain out to w 65th.

Normal business hour use is lackluster generally. Not many, if any. millennial professionals. I recall seeing one of these Millennial Professionals at Tower City heading to the airport. Please note: 1.

I believe the estimate weekday ridership for the Water Front Line is less than 100 riders; yes, less than 100 riders.Most are restaurant/bar workers in the East Bank Flats. That pretty much sums it up and gives you an idea.

Last edited by Kamms; 03-11-2017 at 12:20 PM..

Old 03-11-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Your new tactic in repeated threads when you don't know something specifically is to pretend that you've already answered a question. What a joke.

Obviously, if you explicitly stated that the West 150th/Puritas doesn't normally fill up on workdays, and someone else with actual knowledge said you were wrong, that wouldn't work out well for your already suspect credibility.
...and you have a ''personal reason'' for wanting to know about parking at W 150th/Puritas due to access to I-71 being that you live in Lake County; don't throw credibility rocks when you live in a glass credibility house. Try using the RTA before questioning credibility. If anything, I said the parking lots were downsized, there's a hotel at the access ramp to I-71 there now. There is probably fewer than 600 spaces now. Maybe the parking problem there is all those overnight airport commuters..what a joke, indeed. Plus that location is great for parking if you work at the PNC processing center there. Care to point out any complaint-threads about the lack of parking at these west side stations?

Geez, if someone said there's no parking at w 150/Puritas, why did you ask? Was it Cavs parade day, St Patrick's Day or the Indians Opener? Perhaps a Browns game?

Ever find the Public Square bus discrimination lawsuit documents, or is that made up as well?

Last edited by Kamms; 03-11-2017 at 12:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland