Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2018, 11:15 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,375,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Thanks for posting. Can't give you more rep, but this is an excellent link. It most surprised me that CBRE, a major U.S. real estate firm, ranked Cleveland as the 8th fastest growing tech talent market in the U.S. over the last two years.

https://www.cbre.us/about/media-cent...-talent-growth

If such momentum can be sustained, Cleveland's economy will receive a massive boost over the next decade.

https://www.cbre.us/research-and-rep...h-America-2018
Yes I agree! I am currently working on a restoration/transformation of a historic downtown building (Cleveland athletic club) into more apartments. You can feel the energy downtown. And when I'm outside On the street and I look to my right I see the crane for the 34 story playhouse tower , and to the left down Euclid Avenue you see the new 29 story Beacon tower being worked on. With all the projects announced and planned I really feel like we might see 10 new buildings over the next 10 years in downtown. Just in the last few yrs DT has added the 32story Hilton,29 story Beacon and the under construction 34 story Lumen tower! people won't recognize the skyline if they haven't been here in a while. I think in the near future instead of only apartment towers we will see new for-sale condo towers. Not to mention our class "A" office space is almost full now. Maybe a new office tower soon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 12:28 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,147,230 times
Feeling good about my 2 bd 2 bath condo on St. Clair and W6th I bought for 145K a year ago.

Wish I was closer to Euclid and 4th...my favorite part of downtown. I see one for 282K at Public Sq. (building next to Tower) that was totally redone!! Gorgeous! When a mobile home here is $450K, it's appealing for sure. Also, rumors in CAL are that the state is considering a 30% tax on capital gains if someone sells and moves OUT of CAL.

Old 12-13-2018, 01:59 PM

Here is another good article bye NEOtrans.

https://neo-trans.blogspot.com/2018/...citys.html?m=1

Old 12-16-2018, 06:38 AM

5,025 posts, read 5,669,482 times
Good to see a lot of recent great news in the past few pages.

What is the latest on nuCLEus, is it now going to be coming along? Also, the Museum of Natural History project-still set to reopen this summer?

I also want to note that it is impressive all the highrises going up and development in general, esp. in Ohio City. However, I am hoping that current booms will not detract from existing landmarks (it would be sad to see the great West Side Market decline, and additional food halls/groceries made me think of that).

Old 12-16-2018, 02:00 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,042,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan137 View Post
Good to see a lot of recent great news in the past few pages.

What is the latest on nuCLEus, is it now going to be coming along? Also, the Museum of Natural History project-still set to reopen this summer?

I also want to note that it is impressive all the highrises going up and development in general, esp. in Ohio City. However, I am hoping that current booms will not detract from existing landmarks (it would be sad to see the great West Side Market decline, and additional food halls/groceries made me think of that).
It will be interesting to see how the West Side Market, owned by the city, deals with several stall closings and competition in the neighborhood. It may take a bridge strategy that can still cater to lower income, near westsiders but also offer higher income products/services. The neighborhood is changing rapidly and not everything is going to make it.

As for nuCLEus, it is probably DOA. Too many other high-rise residential coming on line downtown, like Lumen and Beacon, then all the stuff over in Ohio City and University Circle. I kind of hope it doesn't get started until we see how the market reacts to all this other stuff first. The last thing I would want to see is a half baked high rise stalled in downtown.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 216facts View Post
It will be interesting to see how the West Side Market, owned by the city, deals with several stall closings and competition in the neighborhood. It may take a bridge strategy that can still cater to lower income, near westsiders but also offer higher income products/services. The neighborhood is changing rapidly and not everything is going to make it.

As for nuCLEus, it is probably DOA. Too many other high-rise residential coming on line downtown, like Lumen and Beacon, then all the stuff over in Ohio City and University Circle. I kind of hope it doesn't get started until we see how the market reacts to all this other stuff first. The last thing I would want to see is a half baked high rise stalled in downtown.
https://www.cleveland.com/business/2...isnt-dead.html

Old 12-19-2018, 06:57 AM

6,601 posts, read 8,981,085 times
This is a small project, but it's still some good news for the Shaker Square area. As rough as Buckeye is today, I'm slightly optimistic about how it will be in 10-25 years. I'm happy to see some development pushing out from Shaker towards the old Buckeye neighborhood.

https://www.cleveland.com/shaker-hei...apartment.html

Old 12-19-2018, 05:05 PM

https://www.cleveland.com/business/2...west-side.html

Old 12-22-2018, 02:54 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,101,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraris View Post
This is a small project, but it's still some good news for the Shaker Square area. As rough as Buckeye is today, I'm slightly optimistic about how it will be in 10-25 years. I'm happy to see some development pushing out from Shaker towards the old Buckeye neighborhood.

https://www.cleveland.com/shaker-hei...apartment.html
I'm very hopeful Ms. Landes and the Land Bank are successful here. It is a handsome apt building and losing it, and replacing it with the usual empty lot surrounded by wooden stakes, would really harm the beautiful apartment frontage on South Moreland, even though a number of larger old buildings along this stretch -- south from the Square to Griffing Ave, are in similar bad shape. These handsome old buildings stretch for about a half mile south (complimenting a similar, but intact row to the north)... This is one of the few solid apartment rows in Cleveland.

As the article noted, a similar Land Bank sale saved the handsome Sedlak Building on Larchmere which was similarly headed for the wrecking ball. Although it has taken over a decade, Sedlak finally is being repurposed into an 8-unit apartment building.

Last edited by TheProf; 12-22-2018 at 03:04 PM..

Old 12-22-2018, 02:58 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,101,574 times
Speaking of Shaker Square, I've seen no pub given to Edwin's new food market (and takeout restaurant) on Buckeye Rd in the old, long abandoned/dilapidated Buckeye Market adjacent to Edwin's still new residential campus. It's not a huge market and the large empty-eyesore apt building remains to the west at the Buckeye-E. 130th corner, but it certainly a significant start in erasing some of blight along this block of old buildings and putting part of it to a productive, community use. Brandon Chrostowski, owner/founder of the excellent main/original Edwin's Leadership & Restaurant Institute on Shaker Square, should be roundly applauded for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland