Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2008, 04:59 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,280,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Any chance of integrating this plan with the east bank project for The Flats? Aren't they practically co-located?
The long-term master plan will.

Phase 1 will definitely compliment the new Flats since they will both be different enough (flats more residental and offices,warehouse district more retail), and they'll be walking distance to each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 08:35 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,210,109 times
Any plans on integrating some night clubs or bars in the Warehouse District? I know it helped lead to the demise of the Flats, and since it will be generally residential I would doubt they would try that again.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:01 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,548 times
Default {Cleveland Development Thread}

Please feel free to ask questions, post answers to any questions, and or photos, but please, remember to follow forum rules while doing so. Do not post any inappropriate material. Also, please, DO NOT FIGHT!!!

This thread is being created to help people follow up on the new developments here in Cleveland. It is also going to help them follow the progress as well.

Cleveland is experiencing a new boom all across the city. From the Avenue District, booming Univesity Circle, and the new Flats East Bank. Billions are being poured into downtown Cleveland, and city districts are seeing some money flow as well. This is to help all you fine Clevelanders on the many new projects going on here.

Just to start this off, I will provide two major sources for progress and information on the developments. They are very helpful, and almost updated daily.

Northeast Ohio Projects & Construction

CLEVELAND | Project Rundown - SkyscraperPage Forum

Old 08-11-2008, 09:59 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,531 times
I liked to see that there is plans to build a couple high-rise buildings.I've been wanting to see Cleveland add a couple more buildings to they're skyline.I hope they eventually get another 40 story or up building.But a couple 20 story buildings should definetly look nice too.Alot of those projects seem very nice though.I hope they all come to be.Some of those things could really help the city out.It seems like there building alot of Condo/apartment type developments.I think people will buy them too.I've siad it before its gonna take 15-20 years,but I think that Cleveland will eventually be a place where people want to live again.And that doesn't mean it won't rebound in those 15-20 years either.It seems like alot of cities are becoming boom towns again,so I don't see why Cleveland wouldn't be able to rebound also.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
I liked to see that there is plans to build a couple high-rise buildings.I've been wanting to see Cleveland add a couple more buildings to they're skyline.I hope they eventually get another 40 story or up building.But a couple 20 story buildings should definetly look nice too.Alot of those projects seem very nice though.I hope they all come to be.Some of those things could really help the city out.It seems like there building alot of Condo/apartment type developments.I think people will buy them too.I've siad it before its gonna take 15-20 years,but I think that Cleveland will eventually be a place where people want to live again.And that doesn't mean it won't rebound in those 15-20 years either.It seems like alot of cities are becoming boom towns again,so I don't see why Cleveland wouldn't be able to rebound also.
And the nice thing with the new highrises is that it will densen up the skyline too. Give a more New York feel to it.

The new condos going in are good, they are bringing in people downtown, a lot of younger crowds too. Cleveland's downtown population is doing very well for itself, and is only going to grow faster.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:42 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,276 times
I really wanted to see that Ameritrust building go up. It was on emporis.com and they were planning on building it, it would have been over 1,100 ft. tall and the drawings looked good. Too bad they decided against it.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:01 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,651,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
I really wanted to see that Ameritrust building go up. It was on emporis.com and they were planning on building it, it would have been over 1,100 ft. tall and the drawings looked good. Too bad they decided against it.
Yeah I would have loved to see that get built in Cleveland too.I think it would have been a great addition to the skyline.I still think Cleveland needs to get a building thats more then 1,000 feet tall.Altough all the proposed 20 story buildings will look nice too.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Ya it would have been nice, but that is right around the time Key Tower was getting built, and I think Key Corp. bought out something that Ameritrust had their eyes on.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Yeah I would have loved to see that get built in Cleveland too.I think it would have been a great addition to the skyline.I still think Cleveland needs to get a building thats more then 1,000 feet tall.Altough all the proposed 20 story buildings will look nice too.
Here is something interesting I learned. Cleveland has a very deep bedrock system. This is due to the glaciers that made the Great Lakes. Cleveland's bedrock is a lot deeper than most cities. I am talking hundreds of feet deeper. Why does Chicago have so many talls? Because their skyline and the city itself runs westward along the lake, it is cities that run south of the lakes that face these problems. Cleveland being the only major city south of the lakes. I still think our skyline is much more impressive than cities twice our size, like Phoenix which barely even has a skyline that is worth being in a city of 300,000.

But building a new tall like Key Tower or even bigger, takes a lot of digging to get to the bedrock and get a stable structure up and going. Don't worry, many 20-30 stories are proposed right now. Four if I remember right.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:43 PM

3,968 posts, read 8,498,863 times
Here is an article in todays Toledo Blade about the new Rapid Transit System.

toledoblade.com -- $860,000 hybrid vehicle one of Cleveland's public transit’s revivals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland