U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2020, 06:34 AM

1,041 posts, read 784,666 times

Advertisements

I’ve actually never been to Cleveland but was supposed to go there on business before the whole pandemic affair. Since it’s probably going to get rescheduled any day now I figured I’d ask so I know the best neighborhoods to stay as well as where to avoid
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 07:15 AM

9,829 posts, read 9,119,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanfan1986 View Post
I’ve actually never been to Cleveland but was supposed to go there on business before the whole pandemic affair. Since it’s probably going to get rescheduled any day now I figured I’d ask so I know the best neighborhoods to stay as well as where to avoid
If you're here for business, sounds like you'll be downtown somewhere. Thus, the most accessible areas will be downtown, Ohio City, Tremont, Detroit Shoreway, Asiatown, midtown. I will comment on downtown, since I know it best. I think for a short business trip, downtown and Ohio City would be the best to stick to.

Downtown kinda breaks down into a few different neighborhoods.

- Playhouse Square is essentially the theater district, but it also has influence from Cleveland State University. I live here and like it, but honestly, with CSU closed and no live theater, there would be no real point in visiting this area in the near future. Just feels kinda dead.

- E 9/E 4/Public Square. I lump this area together, mostly straight down Euclid but you can also include Superior and Prospect. It's the most active section of Euclid, a really great traditional urban main street. E 4 is a pedestrian only block with many patios and great dining. Near the Gateway District where the Indians and Cavs are, but that is a moot point currently. Public Square is a lot better than it used to be and I do like it, but it still is primarily a giant bus stop. There is a cool cafe with good coffee right in the middle though, so that's nice.

-Warehouse District. This is where a lot of younger professionals live who value nightlife.Clubs and lounges down W 6 street. If that's your scene, you'll like it, but if it's not, probably just skip. Though I think it's worth at least a walk through as I really do like the aesthetic.

- The Flats. The East Bank of the Flats is kinda like new money Warehouse District. Some Cavs players live over there. Really nice views along the Cuyahoga River. Hard to believe it exists given that there was basically nothing there 10 years ago. There is a nice walking trail along the river in the Flats that I recommend.

- North Coast. This is basically the lakefront. It's popular to hate on the Cleveland lakefront, but a massive lake is a massive lake and that's pretty cool. Voinovich Park is a nice place ot hang out and during the lockdown, many people have been going there to act normal again. There is a decent Mexican restaurant down there with a good patio. Of course the Rock Hall too. There is also a nice bike trail that goes along the lake from there that I like to ride on going east.

Lots is opening back up now, but still not everything. Hopefully by the time they reschedule you, things will be even closer to normal.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland