Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:42 PM

976 posts, read 3,861,555 times

Advertisements

Shaker Heights can also be an expensive area as well. If you are looking to the eastern suburbs of Cleveland, check out Mayfield Village, Mentor or Painesville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2007, 04:10 PM

21 posts, read 45,843 times
Shaker Heights all the way. Paul Newman's home town!

Old 02-03-2007, 01:25 PM

49 posts, read 170,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan28 View Post
I dont know how you make it to work on time taking 480 EAST!! to 77 n. from Solon.LOL
exactly. 77 is the one road that always seem to have probelms, with traffic and congestion. i dont see how you could possibly get downtown in 20 minutes...more like 35-40 from what i can tell.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:37 PM

9 posts, read 29,304 times
I get frustrated when people post, "we're moving to Cleveland or thinking of moving here" but don't tell you anything about who they are, their 1st postion needs and their desires...then everyone jumps aboard saying move here, move here! Where you might be most happy depends upon what makes you happy. IF schools are not a concern, you could be 1 block from the lake with a lakefront beach club membership for under $150,000.If public schools are critical, I am not informed. If walking urban life: downtown, Tremont, Ohio City, Cedar-Fairmont, Lakewood, Shaker Square, etc. If safe and secure suburbs where you have to take a car to get anywhere, then Solon or any of the other Western or Southern burbs. If absolute charm but high budget and great schools Chagrin Falls. Helllllllllllllooooooooo?

Old 02-16-2007, 04:00 PM

44 posts, read 258,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan28 View Post
I dont know how you make it to work on time taking 480 EAST!! to 77 n. from Solon.LOL
I did say east didn't I?
LOL i meant west

Old 02-24-2007, 12:08 AM

30 posts, read 180,954 times
hi, i have a question you say paintsville a good area, to live, and the school are great, what price ranging in this area? and do you know alot about the school system since your from there? b/c i spoke with someone in clevland, not sure where she lives, but she is over the the autism support group for clevland and told me i be getting better services for my child to move up this way. I dont know what type of deal i be getting into, i live in a small town, and the biggest city i live in would have to be charleston SC, but i not really woried about size, it more on economy to beable to survive single mom with 3. thanks for listening. angelina

Old 02-26-2007, 06:31 PM

4 posts, read 19,423 times
Default moving to painesville?

first of all, moreland hills, pepper pike and beachwood are about as expensive as you will find in cleveland are...think large custom homes in the $700K and up range.

second, forget painesville, just forget it. its not someplace that you'd want to live if you're new to the area.

if you're looking for a good school system, reasonably priced homes with some land (maybe an acre or so?), look at towns like chesterland, kirtland, and willoughby hills. if you don't mind being further away from downtown, check out bainbridge, chardon, south russell and chagrin falls.

if you want good schools, a home in a nice development and plenty of stores, food, etc. nearby (busier areas), try mentor, solon, or highland heights.

finally, all the newer and nicer suburbs in cleveland are south and west. hudson has a superiority complex, but is a very nice place to live...broadview hts & brecksville are very nice but now pricey....

Old 07-26-2007, 09:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,025 times
we currently live in mi, looking to relocate. possiblities are ohio and arizona. husband is a union laborer- grade checker. the economy in michigan is declining daily. started to look at site today and viewed quit a few of your posts. very informable. we are looking for a safe, local, good schools, family oriented area. my line of work is in office administration. any ideas of where to look in ohio? thanks.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:33 PM

6 posts, read 19,502 times
Why not go further south. Hinckley is a lovely community, located between 71 and 77. Our highland local school district is rated excellent and there is all kinds of housing in various price ranges. We also have hinckley reservation.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:44 PM

61 posts, read 234,393 times
Solon,Twinsburg,any of the heights, euclid,richmond,parma
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland