U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2021, 06:04 PM

55 posts, read 25,641 times

Advertisements

I searched for Grove City, Ohio on YouTube and two of the top videos were about a KMART that went out of business and the videos contained byproducts of inbreeding. Clearly not a good sign.

I would stick to Cuyahoga County as opposed to outlying counties to reduce the likelihood of encountering the people you're trying to escape.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2021, 08:47 AM

19 posts, read 71,143 times
If you want to find areas where you can achieve that perfect life balance heres the 3 places id look into

PENISULA....RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF CUYAHOGA VALLEY PARKS PATHS ETC.
RIGHT BY 303 and 77. Its a village

STREETSBORO...LOWEST PROPERTY TAXES OF THE UP AND COMING SUBURBS

MACEDONIA. GREAT LOCATION. GREAT SCHOOL DISTRICT

Old 03-09-2021, 10:51 PM

6,402 posts, read 7,572,642 times
Half acre lots, walkability, and <$250k is tough to find in Cuyahoga County.

Some of the further out small towns might have it on their outskirts, but then you may begin running into the cultural issues you want to avoid.

It seems the cultural issue is your top priority, but how do the other 3 rank?

Old 03-14-2021, 05:22 AM

291 posts, read 916,742 times
Come join us in Shaker Heights!! You can still find a really nice house for under $250k here. It's super friendly and warm. The neighbors are wonderful. It's relatively walkable and very bikeable, and has great RTA access. The schools are supposed to be very good (my kids are to young so I have no first hand experience). It's very liberal but not aggressively so. It's close to cultural gems in University Circle. Only downside is taxes are high and there is some occasional crime spillover from Cleveland

Old 03-20-2021, 07:15 AM

166 posts, read 69,124 times
searchingforserenity Sorry that you are exposed to that level of toxicity. It's bad for all parties. If you are female, suggest you join a FB group called Decanted OH by Red Wine and Blue. https://www.facebook.com/groups/423312185055892/ This is a ladies political forum (not super hard core political) but we have members all over the state who may be able to help you find a neighborhood that is more purplish or downright blue.

Fairview Park is cute, but definitely in the flight path of Hopkins. Southern Rocky River has some simple houses in your price range and is near to the RRNP. I feel like you need to stay inside the 271 belt in order to stay in the bluer part of NEO. Amerst, Oberlin and Sheffield Lake may be options, they are pretty purple, IIRC. But the Decanted site can help with that. As well as this...pick a county that is at least purple, if not blue. Then narrow down the town based upon amentities, etc. https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/ohio/

Old 03-20-2021, 09:30 PM

43 posts, read 22,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I think you should look into Berea and Olmsted Falls.
Thank you. We've been to Berea before, but it seems really commercial and busy. We'll definitely look into Olmsted Falls.

Old 03-20-2021, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplant99 View Post
I searched for Grove City, Ohio on YouTube and two of the top videos were about a KMART that went out of business and the videos contained byproducts of inbreeding. Clearly not a good sign.

I would stick to Cuyahoga County as opposed to outlying counties to reduce the likelihood of encountering the people you're trying to escape.
Oh my gosh! You made me giggle! We certainly don't belong here. It's a town with 40,000 people just in the "proper" part and the school district takes up 119 sq miles including rural, urban and suburban areas (not to mention being directly connected to downtown Columbus via I71 and Route 62) but people here have the mentality of "we don't recognize that name" and "you're not from here so you don't belong". It's exhausting.

Old 03-20-2021, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechieTechie View Post
searchingforserenity Sorry that you are exposed to that level of toxicity. It's bad for all parties. If you are female, suggest you join a FB group called Decanted OH by Red Wine and Blue. https://www.facebook.com/groups/423312185055892/ This is a ladies political forum (not super hard core political) but we have members all over the state who may be able to help you find a neighborhood that is more purplish or downright blue.

Fairview Park is cute, but definitely in the flight path of Hopkins. Southern Rocky River has some simple houses in your price range and is near to the RRNP. I feel like you need to stay inside the 271 belt in order to stay in the bluer part of NEO. Amerst, Oberlin and Sheffield Lake may be options, they are pretty purple, IIRC. But the Decanted site can help with that. As well as this...pick a county that is at least purple, if not blue. Then narrow down the town based upon amentities, etc. https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/ohio/
Thank you! I will definitely look into the Facebook group. I hate that politics have to come into play. We just want to be by nice people who don't take out their issues on us.

Old 03-20-2021, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomgd3 View Post
Come join us in Shaker Heights!! You can still find a really nice house for under $250k here. It's super friendly and warm. The neighbors are wonderful. It's relatively walkable and very bikeable, and has great RTA access. The schools are supposed to be very good (my kids are to young so I have no first hand experience). It's very liberal but not aggressively so. It's close to cultural gems in University Circle. Only downside is taxes are high and there is some occasional crime spillover from Cleveland
Thank you! It's so nice to feel welcomed! I really like the Shaker Heights area, but it seems so busy! We have 2 kids who would like to be able to ride their bikes, etc. And you weren't kidding - those taxes are high! I'll definitely keep looking though!

Old 03-20-2021, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferraris View Post
Half acre lots, walkability, and <$250k is tough to find in Cuyahoga County.

Some of the further out small towns might have it on their outskirts, but then you may begin running into the cultural issues you want to avoid.

It seems the cultural issue is your top priority, but how do the other 3 rank?
Thank you! Cultural issue is definitely top. Good schools and larger lots would be next - we want to be able to relax out back with the kids without feeling like the neighbors are on top of us. We may be able to stretch to 300 if needed - it just might be a bit out of our comfort zone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland