U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 03:34 AM

9,722 posts, read 6,482,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingforserenity View Post
Still like the looks of Brecksville too, but after you guys just got snow this week, it's going to take some convincing for my husband to want to return to Cleveland!
The snowfall was just a dusting that melted by early afternoon. If someone doesn't want ANY snow, Greater Cleveland is not a good fit. April snowfalls are greatly diminished from those in decades past.

It is good to understand how Lake Erie impacts the weather in northeastern Ohio. E.g., for the last several days, areas northeast of Cleveland have been up to 10 degrees F. cooler than Cleveland proper and areas south and west of Cleveland due to chilly winds coming off the lake. Lake Erie will act as an air conditioner for these areas well into summer.

However, in the autumn, the effect is reversed, and the warm breezes blowing off the lake provide for warmer temperatures in areas northeast of Cleveland.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2021, 06:39 AM

9,947 posts, read 9,269,484 times
The snow from 1 April didn't even last until the next day (and where I live, we didn't really have any at all in terms of accumulation).

Old 04-05-2021, 09:10 AM

43 posts, read 22,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
The snowfall was just a dusting that melted by early afternoon. If someone doesn't want ANY snow, Greater Cleveland is not a good fit. April snowfalls are greatly diminished from those in decades past.

It is good to understand how Lake Erie impacts the weather in northeastern Ohio. E.g., for the last several days, areas northeast of Cleveland have been up to 10 degrees F. cooler than Cleveland proper and areas south and west of Cleveland due to chilly winds coming off the lake. Lake Erie will act as an air conditioner for these areas well into summer.

However, in the autumn, the effect is reversed, and the warm breezes blowing off the lake provide for warmer temperatures in areas northeast of Cleveland.
Thanks, WRnative - that's good to know!

Old 04-05-2021, 09:12 AM

43 posts, read 22,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
The snow from 1 April didn't even last until the next day (and where I live, we didn't really have any at all in terms of accumulation).
Thanks, bjimmy24! Glad to know it didn't stick around!

Old 04-05-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingforserenity View Post
Thanks, bjimmy24! Glad to know it didn't stick around!
And the high temps this week are all in the 60s and 70s!

We do occasionally get snow in early April. It does not stick around long at all though.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:41 AM

3,922 posts, read 6,308,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
The snowfall was just a dusting that melted by early afternoon.
Actually, many parts of the Cleveland area saw 5 inches or more. And the OP should know that the snow caused a 20-car pileup on Interstate 77, as well as a 12-car pileup on Interstate 90.

I was sitting in the Parma-Snow library looking out the window watching the snow come down. At one point it was coming down so hard I could barely see the shopping center across the street.

April snows are generally very minor events here... and the snow melts quickly due to warmups... but I can recall the April 6, 1982 snowstorm that dumped 8-9 inches on Cleveland.

Early Spring in NE Ohio is very bipolar and two-faced.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
Actually, many parts of the Cleveland area saw 5 inches or more. And the OP should know that the snow caused a 20-car pileup on Interstate 77, as well as a 12-car pileup on Interstate 90.

I was sitting in the Parma-Snow library looking out the window watching the snow come down. At one point it was coming down so hard I could barely see the shopping center across the street.

April snows are generally very minor events here... and the snow melts quickly due to warmups... but I can recall the April 6, 1982 snowstorm that dumped 8-9 inches on Cleveland.

Early Spring in NE Ohio is very bipolar and two-faced.
0 inch accumulation here in Collinwood/Euclid though.

Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM
on3

344 posts, read 152,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I think you should look into Berea and Olmsted Falls.
Great places but man that traffic on Bagley Rd sucks. I still have to hit up that fat heads brewery that the built that you can see from I-75. I’ve been to the one in North Olmstead but hear the newer one is better.

Old Today, 05:44 PM

918 posts, read 527,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on3 View Post
Great places but man that traffic on Bagley Rd sucks. I still have to hit up that fat heads brewery that the built that you can see from I-75. I’ve been to the one in North Olmstead but hear the newer one is better.
You mean I-71 right? I've been to that one a few times, pre-Covid, and thought it was great. Love their beer and the food was pretty good too. The open space kind of had a beer hall feel to it. They used to have a little self-guided tour of their brewing operations, you viewed it from behind glass, thought that was cool too. Cheers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland