U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 11:35 AM

1 posts

Advertisements

Hey guys,

I am moving my family to OH next summer. I am an English teacher with 17 years of experience. I'm not expecting all 17 years to be counted in my salary placement but I would like to get the best salary I can in this move. What school districts should I be looking at and applying to?

I do not mind a commute but it has to be under 45 minutes. We are expecting and I don't want to miss all the fun stuff at home!

We are going to buy when we get there. I realize the housing market is wild right now but I'm hoping our 300K will get us a decent place in a fairly safe neighborhood.

Anyway, what districts should I be watching closely?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 11:59 AM

9,776 posts, read 6,580,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aktj11 View Post
Hey guys,

I am moving my family to OH next summer. I am an English teacher with 17 years of experience. I'm not expecting all 17 years to be counted in my salary placement but I would like to get the best salary I can in this move. What school districts should I be looking at and applying to?

I do not mind a commute but it has to be under 45 minutes. We are expecting and I don't want to miss all the fun stuff at home!

We are going to buy when we get there. I realize the housing market is wild right now but I'm hoping our 300K will get us a decent place in a fairly safe neighborhood.

Anyway, what districts should I be watching closely?

Join the Ohio Education Association before your move, then ask about access to their salary database. The OEA maintains the best teacher education database in the state of Ohio.

Perhaps the data is available to non-members. I used to see it in newspaper reports.

Generally, the urban areas pay much better than rural areas, especially the more wealthy suburban districts.

Many districts don't want to pay for experienced teachers, especially in fields such as English as opposed to STEM.

I didn't investigate these websites.

https://www.buckeyeinstitute.org/data/teacher_salary

The top 5 school districts listed here are relatively wealthy ones.

https://www.niche.com/k12/search/bes...-teach/s/ohio/

Even less wealthy districts in Greater Cleveland often pay very well, such as Painesville City, or so I'm told. Perhaps check with the local teacher unions in any city of interest.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland