Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2021, 09:05 PM

23 posts, read 21,144 times

Advertisements

Hlo to everyone. I am in cleveland heights. I am looking for a contractor recommendation to lay a new drivdway. Asphalt on mkne is pretty old. So i am looking how to peoperly replace it to jave a good quality
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2021, 02:06 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg77 View Post
Hlo to everyone. I am in cleveland heights. I am looking for a contractor recommendation to lay a new drivdway. Asphalt on mkne is pretty old. So i am looking how to peoperly replace it to jave a good quality
Concord Paving has an excellent reputation in Lake County. I suspect they do work in eastern Cuyahoga County, but perhaps not in Cleveland Heights, not the quickest location to reach in eastern Cuyahoga County.

https://www.primebuyersreport.org/in...ing-companies/

I found this site while searching for Concord Paving. I know nothing about the websit. Here's their list of Cuyahoga County paving companies, but I'm not familiar with any of them. If one of these companies (or one of the pavers on the Lake County list) are registered (see below) in Cleveland Heights and has been complaint free, it might be a very good candidate.

https://www.primebuyersreport.org/in...ing-companies/

Your first step should be to check with the Cleveland Hts. building department to see 1) if a permit is needed to pave your driveway, avoid companies that don't want to pull a permit IMO (although one reason contractors avoid permits is to avoid paying income taxes in a community in which they do little work due to the resulting administrative hassles for the company and its workers), as the inspector might ascertain problems with the work product, and prevent contractors from cutting corners in the first place; 2) most cities maintain a list of registered contractors; 3) some building department inspectors may have expertise about asphalt quality and depth (when seeking bids make certain you specify the depth of the asphalt and then check it as it's being installed), a key factor in determining longevity.

When installing asphalt it's also very important to have a good base. A good paving company will insist on making certain that the base is adequate and the asphalt is of sufficient depth and quality.

Asphalt prices likely are much higher now than a year ago. Perhaps also consider alternatively concrete, even though concrete may cause your real estate appraisal to increase at some point.

I never heard of full-depth driveways discussed here, likely because asphalt projects with which I was familiar involved placing a new layer of asphalt on top of existing asphalt paving.

https://pdhcontractors.com/uncategor...iveway-paving/

Good luck!

Please let us know what you decided to do and how it worked out.

Old 04-26-2021, 06:56 PM
on3

498 posts, read 384,977 times
There’s a place called Unique Paving in Cleveland that makes the asphalt sealer products and paving products themselves. The folks there can also provide some good recommendations for any asphalt or masonry application because they run field trials with the contractors that apply their products.

Old 05-31-2021, 11:41 AM

23 posts, read 21,144 times
Thanks, I called to Unique Paving, they do not maintain references. I contacted Holland Paving and the price they gave me is $9500 for 1300 sq f of driveway. excavate, remove grade put new gravel and asphalt. what do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland