U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-08-2021, 09:40 AM
 
Location: CA / OR ==> Cleveland Heights, OH
132 posts, read 73,493 times
Reputation: 199

Advertisements

Hi all,
Looking for recommendations for a few spots to put in my rotation...

Seeking brewpub(s), or bars/taverns with good craft beers.

I’m on the East Side (CLE Hts.) but don’t mind ranging out a bit.

I’m looking for a laid-back / low key kinda’ vibe, ie...Can enjoy a fresh craft beer and some low volume conversation with an honest pint. Could do without crushing loud music or themed (touristy?) places filled with revelers. Nothing wrong with that scene, just not my cup of tea for this particular search.

I can “trial and error” my way through this, but thought there might be some tips out there. Google reviews don’t necessarily help too much.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-08-2021, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, OH
10,077 posts, read 9,558,970 times
Reputation: 9194
The Cleveland Brewery on E 185th Street is definitely like this. Hours somewhat limited compared to others, but worth it.

The Goldhorn Brewery on E 55 and St Clair also a really good spot. Big space, nice patio. Very chill.

Noble Beast is probably my favorite all around brewery. On the edge of downtown on Lakeside between 13th and 14th. It can get busy during peak hours though, but not loud or touristy.


Boss Dog on Lee Road during off-peak times and on the patio is decent too. But the others imo are preferable.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2021, 02:09 PM
 
Location: CA / OR ==> Cleveland Heights, OH
132 posts, read 73,493 times
Reputation: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
The Cleveland Brewery on E 185th Street is definitely like this. Hours somewhat limited compared to others, but worth it.

The Goldhorn Brewery on E 55 and St Clair also a really good spot. Big space, nice patio. Very chill.

Noble Beast is probably my favorite all around brewery. On the edge of downtown on Lakeside between 13th and 14th. It can get busy during peak hours though, but not loud or touristy.


Boss Dog on Lee Road during off-peak times and on the patio is decent too. But the others imo are preferable.
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for. Will give these a shot!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2021, 02:24 PM
 
9,908 posts, read 6,814,222 times
Reputation: 5755
Default Upstairs bar room at the Great Lakes Brewery

Check to see if the upstairs bar at Great Lakes is open. It's a little too well lit, but its beer selection probably is unequaled in Cleveland. It's where I take beer connoisseurs visiting Cleveland and its never disappoints. It's clientele is very knowledgeable and demanding. It's a great place to just drink beer and have a pleasant conversation.


https://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/now-on-tap


Pair it with a visit to Nano Brew, a short walk north on West 25th St. from Great Lakes. Nano Brew has a laid back rooftop patio.


Park in the West Side Market parking lot. It's a pay lot, but an easy walk to Great Lakes on the alley between the Market Garden Brewery and the WSM.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2021, 03:04 PM
 
Location: CA / OR ==> Cleveland Heights, OH
132 posts, read 73,493 times
Reputation: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Check to see if the upstairs bar at Great Lakes is open. It's a little too well lit, but its beer selection probably is unequaled in Cleveland. It's where I take beer connoisseurs visiting Cleveland and its never disappoints. It's clientele is very knowledgeable and demanding. It's a great place to just drink beer and have a pleasant conversation.


https://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/now-on-tap


Pair it with a visit to Nano Brew, a short walk north on West 25th St. from Great Lakes. Nano Brew has a laid back rooftop patio.


Park in the West Side Market parking lot. It's a pay lot, but an easy walk to Great Lakes on the alley between the Market Garden Brewery and the WSM.
Thanks as always, WRnative! Will check these out. Appreciate it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2021, 11:57 AM
 
9,908 posts, read 6,814,222 times
Reputation: 5755
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideRules99 View Post
Thanks as always, WRnative! Will check these out. Appreciate it.
All of the Great Lakes Brewpub and the Nano Brew rooftop patio may be crowded Thursday-Saturday and even on Sunday evenings. Perhaps call each establishment and ask about that. I've almost always gone Monday to Wednesday to avoid crowds, or in the late afternoon on Sunday.

There's a picture of Nano's rooftop patio here:

https://www.thisiscleveland.com/blog...oftop-imbibing

Evidently the upstairs bar at the Great Lakes Brewpub is called the Rockefeller Room. Perhaps you can see why I really enjoy it. There is much more hustle and bustle elsewhere in the Brewpub, especially in the basement meet-up destination on weekends. I really enjoy sitting at the Rockefeller Room bar, which during the winter usually isn't difficult.

https://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/pr...ckefeller-room
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2021, 03:42 PM
 
Location: CA / OR ==> Cleveland Heights, OH
132 posts, read 73,493 times
Reputation: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
All of the Great Lakes Brewpub and the Nano Brew rooftop patio may be crowded Thursday-Saturday and even on Sunday evenings. Perhaps call each establishment and ask about that. I've almost always gone Monday to Wednesday to avoid crowds, or in the late afternoon on Sunday.

There's a picture of Nano's rooftop patio here:

https://www.thisiscleveland.com/blog...oftop-imbibing

Evidently the upstairs bar at the Great Lakes Brewpub is called the Rockefeller Room. Perhaps you can see why I really enjoy it. There is much more hustle and bustle elsewhere in the Brewpub, especially in the basement meet-up destination on weekends. I really enjoy sitting at the Rockefeller Room bar, which during the winter usually isn't difficult.

https://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/pr...ckefeller-room
Nice! Those photos help a lot. And Nano’s even points out a “laid-back” vibe in the description.

Separately, I just had occasion to stop by Forest City Brewery. It’s off the beaten path in Duck Island. As long as there’s not a scheduled event (and hence a crowd), it seems pretty chill. They allegedly have the oldest outdoor Biergarten in the state, with a massive mulberry tree providing shade.

I’ll check out all the joints listed in this thread...thanks.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-08-2021, 06:27 AM
 
180 posts, read 83,746 times
Reputation: 252
Check out Hopping Frog in Akron, too...great beers (voted one of the top US breweries) and fairly laid back atmosphere
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM
 
6,417 posts, read 7,715,212 times
Reputation: 4413
Craft Collective at the Van Aken District in Shaker Heights
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 05:33 PM
 
Location: CA / OR ==> Cleveland Heights, OH
132 posts, read 73,493 times
Reputation: 199
Many thanks on the additional recommendations. I’ll plan on hitting these spots!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top