U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM

33 posts, read 25,500 times

Advertisements

Didn't find a Sandusky forum but Cleveland is close by so wanted to post this here.

I've been wanting to go here for probably 15 years. Its a good thing I waited probably since I woulda missed Steel Vengeance if I came before 2019.

I consider myself an enthusiast but not one of those people who travel the USA to ride rollercoasters (or can afford and have the time to) but when I'm visiting somewhere and there happens to be a theme park nearby, I usually go. I'd estimate I've probably ridden somewhere between maybe 120-150 or so? So, yeah way less than those youtubers who make those channels, I'm jealous of those people. Also, you'll notice I didn't ride anywhere near all the coasters at this park, Gatekeeper was shut down, and I really just rode the ones I wanted to. I live in Louisville now which is significantly closer to Cedar Point than any other place I've lived.

Ok, my opinions.

First day, no Fast Lane Pass

Raptor - The wait wasn't too bad maybe about 35 minutes. Very fun B&M inverted, lots of fast whipping inversions and very intense. I actually like this better than Alpengeist and Banshee. I think I prefer ones like this and Flight Deck/Afterburn at Carowinds due to faster transitions and quicker inversions rather than higher speeds.

Gemini - The wait was about 20 minutes so not bad either. I enjoyed it, had some floater airtimes that were fun and pretty smooth. Not too much to say.

Magnum XL 200 - Wait first time was about 30 minutes, after that about only 8-15 for 2nd and 3rd time.
Surprised me how fun it was! Yes, pretty rough but those ejector airtime hills are legit! Also, very nice view of Lake Erie as you ride. I rode it 3 times.

So I entered about 4:30pm and left about 9pm first day. Magnum stole the show the teaser night, but the next day I got my Fast Lane Plus Pass!

Second day, with Fast Lane Plus.

Steel Vengeance - With Fast Lane Plus, wait was between 15-25 minutes. Not trying to be cliche, but yeah yeah, its the best rollercoaster I've ever ridden. Once in back, once in 3rd row, once in front. Back was fun but I was surprised the 3rd row was better so I knew the front was the best. What can I say? Just go ride it.

Maverick - With Fast Lane Plus, wait was between 10-20 minutes. I had the pleasure of having the front seat all 3 times I rode this. Fantastic rollercoaster, very smooth, intense transitions, good ejector, and very fun mid-ride launch.

Millennium Force - With Fast Lane Plus, front row was about 40 minutes, after that 2nd row about 15 minutes. I noticed the front row had a bit of a line but I was willing to wait. The speed, wind, and feeling of my ears suctioning the wind sound was so awesome. The ejector was great too and each one felt decently long. But, I've never experienced better speed sustain going straight or on slow turns with the awesome wind sound on any other coaster. THE BEST when it comes to that IMO.

Why I didn't ride these......

Rougarou, looks great but I really wanted to ride the best ones everybody always raves about. I've ridden floorless loopers plenty and they are fun.

Valravn, looks great too but same reason as first ride. I've ridden dive coasters before and they are fun.

Top Thrill Dragster, what? I didn't ride this !!!!!!!! Why?!!! I've ridden Kingda Ka and had fun on it, but I call these one trick pony rides and while I'd have fun and it be very intense, they aren't my favorite type but woulda been fun.

Gatekeeper was closed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM

10,091 posts, read 9,585,433 times
Glad you seem to have enjoyed the visit. Although I'm not a huge amusement park/roller coaster fan, I'm really happy Cedar Point is in our area. Friends of mine from elsewhere all seem to have it on their list.

Old Today, 01:38 PM

3,903 posts, read 4,050,536 times
Wonder why Gatekeeper was closed...that's one of my favs.
Top Thrill Dragster is just freaking fast...I love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland