Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2022, 11:20 AM

4,631 posts, read 4,923,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProf View Post
From the way the organization is talking ... or not talking, actually, I tend to think we very well may see Allen back in a week or so; certainly by the end of the season and into the playoffs. So glad the fracture was on his non-shooting hand which, means they likely can tap it with a small splint and he can play. We've seen it done before -- the late, great Kobe Bryant for one played with a broken finger. I'm also thinking the thigh contusion is not a huge deal.
I'm not saying Allen won't be back the end of the season, but why do you think a lack of timeline/explanation from the front office makes it more likely the timeline will be short? My experience with our teams here in Cleveland, at least my recent experience, is the opposite. Remember the Indians this past summer with Bieber, Civale, Rosario? Different sport, different front office, sure -- but still. I'm hoping you can explain where you're getting optimism from on Allen because I'll take any Cavs optimism I can get!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2022, 10:56 AM

5,267 posts, read 5,191,675 times
Just hoping the team can go .500 the rest of the way...that would keep them in the Top 6 I think...get healthy and see what happens then.

I've never seen a team deal with as many injuries as this team has...done a great job overcoming them so far.

Old 03-10-2022, 11:22 AM

11,046 posts, read 12,341,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Just hoping the team can go .500 the rest of the way...that would keep them in the Top 6 I think...get healthy and see what happens then.

I've never seen a team deal with as many injuries as this team has...done a great job overcoming them so far.
Considering the exceptional amount of injuries, including losing Sexton and Rubio for the entire year, they have done a great job. Worth pointing out they are currently a game and a half back of the 4 seed and 3 games out of the 2 seed. It's still very close. But there is definitely getting to be a bit of serparation between the top 6 and everyone else. Hopefully Chicago continues to fall and the Celtics cool off.

Huge game vs Miami coming up!

Old 03-18-2022, 08:27 PM

Wow....what a game tonight against the Nuggets...swept the 4th best team in the West this year...impressive.

This team does not quit...love the heart they play with...such a special season regardless of how it ends.

Old 03-24-2022, 09:42 AM

Tonight may be the most important game of the season...Cavs lead Toronto by 1 game right now for the 6th spot. Top 6 seeds guarenteed in the playoffs...7th-10th seeds have to play a play in Tournament just to get into the playoffs. Cavs have already won the season series over Toronto...but if they win this game tonight, they take a 2 game lead over them and that really turns into a 3 game lead w/ the tiebreaker and only 10 games to go. W/ several easy games (Magic 2x, Knicks, Hawks) that could be the cushion the need to keep in the 6th spot or higher.

Old 03-29-2022, 07:33 AM

11,046 posts, read 12,341,171 times
Injuries have really taken their toll on this team. Is there any other team in the NBA that has been hit so hard? Mobley now out. Allen has been out. Garland has missed considerable time. That's our Big 3! To say nothig of Sexton, Rubio, Wade, Markkanen. Cavs have basically been playing backups more or less for the second half of the season. And they are still going to the playoffs.

Great achievement this year, but the injuries have prevented us from seeing their true potential.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:29 PM

Injuries have ruined this season...no team has ever gotten hit like this.
Hopefully this doesn't happen again and next season they are healthy.

Old 04-03-2022, 01:55 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,316,322 times
Default Host a play-in game?

The Cavaliers currently are predicted to host a play-in game, finishing seventh in the Eastern Conference. A tougher remaining schedule appears to preclude garnering a guaranteed play-off slot by finishing sixth in the conference.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-after-april-2

An increasingly healthy and productive Caris LeVert is providing just a sufficient edge to keep the Cavs in the play-in picture, as the Cavs injury list continues to lengthen with forward Dean Wade now out for the season. Pick-up center Moses Brown is contributing significantly on the boards in the absence of big men Jarret Allen and Evan Mobley.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-after-april-2

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-torn-meniscus

https://www.espn.com/nba/team/injuri...land-cavaliers

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2022/...dard-deal.html

https://www.nba.com/player/1629650/moses-brown

I'm certain the Cavs hope to give Allen and Mobley as well as other younger players some play-off experience by winning a play-in game.

Old 04-13-2022, 02:47 PM

Well, after losing badly the 7/8 playin game last night in Brooklyn, the Cavs are down to 1 game left...at home Fri night either against Atlanta (who they haven't beaten yet this year) or Charlotte (who they are 1-2 against). If Jarrett Allen stops wimping out (come on, it's not his shooting and w/ a broken finger, it's his off hand) and plays they can win that game and get in as an 8 seed...if he continues to sit out, they are done and this season becomes a failure imo...for how well they started they absolutely needed to get into a series in the playoff to get these young guys some experience...by not doing that season becomes a failure imo, even w/ all the injuries.

Old 04-13-2022, 07:33 PM

4,481 posts, read 5,031,381 times
It's going to be Atlanta. They are blowing out Charlotte, so the Cavs are going to have a tall order on Friday... I'm actually glad they are getting an extra day's rest.

I don't think we lost badly to Brooklyn. Yeah, that first quarter was as ugly as it gets. And when we fell down, what 24? 26? in the 2nd, I was seriously looking at my remote. But, as this team has done all season, we settled down and fought back and actually had Brooklyn nervous for a minute as we cut the lead to 4 at 1 point in the 4th. Then we had a deadly sequence late where Durant hits a 3; Garland comes down and is bullied in to missing at the rim (the kid had to be gassed) and then KD hits again... Game over... But we still didn't roll over and cut it to 5 in the last min., got the ball and had a chance, but either Garland or Markkanen missed a 3, Nets rebound, KD is fouled; hits the 1st then Rondo has a bizarre lane vio on KD's rare 2nd shot miss.... and that was all she wrote.

Atlanta is going to be a serious handful. The Hawks are on a roll and have the swagger of making it to the ECF last year... They blew us out a few weeks ago in, next to the Orlando meltdown the last week, was our worst game of the season. I honestly believe Allen will return and if we can get Tower City going again with Darius taking it to another level, we have a shot.

But we absolutely must get more scoring help for our core scorers - Garland, Mobley, Markkanen and Love. We absolutely must get more out of LeVert who started missing 7 of his first 8 shots last night in Brooklyn. Can't have that... And Cedi's got to get something going. Being at home in the Rock, on what should be a wacko crazy Friday night downtown (Guardians home opener, too) will hopefully fire up the kids -- young players feed off home crowds more often. Maybe the Cedi-Love combo can get it going, too. Keven can't keep carrying the entire bench... I have little hope that Okoro can repair his seriously declining offensive game, but we absolutely need him to muscle up on Trae Young... which Isaac has done in the past and really thrown Young's shooting off. As has been shown time and again, when you get physical and bump guys around, even the most precise outside shooters -- KD, Curry, Young, on and on, you can throw them off... I have some hope we can pull this thing off, esp if Allen returns, which I have a strong feeling he will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: