Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 07:16 AM

3 posts, read 12,455 times

Advertisements

Hi - moving to Twinsburg next month. Looking for recommendations on what bank to use. I would be looking for the following:

numerous ATM machines throughout NE Ohio
free internet banking (i have not written a check in over 3 years)
no require balance in checking account

thanks for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2007, 07:31 AM

332 posts, read 2,252,249 times
Hello and Welcome to Greater Cleveland.

As far as banks go National City bank and Keybank are both headquartered in Cleveland and hold the largest market share in Cleveland, so they both have lots of ATMs around Cleveland.

I believe Key has free online banking, I'm not sure about Natcit.

I am with key, but have a student checking account so I don't have any fees or minimal amount required in the account so I'm not sure if the regular checking accounts need a minimum balance.

Here is Key's Questions/comments number

1-800-539-1539

Other banks in the area, but have MUCH less presence are:

Chase

Huntington, but share of the market will increase with Sky Bank acquisition.

Sky Bank (Recently bought out by Huntington bank)

Fifth/Third bank

Third Federal

Hope this helps.

Old 01-25-2007, 12:43 PM

62 posts, read 326,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MABCle View Post
Hello and Welcome to Greater Cleveland.

As far as banks go National City bank and Keybank are both headquartered in Cleveland and hold the largest market share in Cleveland, so they both have lots of ATMs around Cleveland.

I believe Key has free online banking, I'm not sure about Natcit.

I am with key, but have a student checking account so I don't have any fees or minimal amount required in the account so I'm not sure if the regular checking accounts need a minimum balance.

Here is Key's Questions/comments number

1-800-539-1539

Other banks in the area, but have MUCH less presence are:

Chase

Huntington, but share of the market will increase with Sky Bank acquisition.

Sky Bank (Recently bought out by Huntington bank)

Fifth/Third bank

Third Federal

Hope this helps.
US Bank is an another multistate bank with presence in this area. They have branches in grocery stores that are open on Sundays too. On the flip side, their tellers provide poor service.

I am curious to know how much bank tellers make?

Old 01-25-2007, 04:17 PM

There was an article on Cleveland.com back in November about Key hiring new tellers and it said they made $11/hour.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Wage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABCle View Post
There was an article on Cleveland.com back in November about Key hiring new tellers and it said they made $11/hour.
Not too bad, though, I am certain it varies from bank to bank

Old 01-26-2007, 07:54 PM

44 posts, read 258,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakkam View Post
US Bank is an another multistate bank with presence in this area. They have branches in grocery stores that are open on Sundays too. On the flip side, their tellers provide poor service.

I am curious to know how much bank tellers make?
Yes, US bank is a good bank. I grew up in Twinsburg, now live in Solon. I hope you like the area!

Old 01-27-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Solon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM. View Post
Yes, US bank is a good bank. I grew up in Twinsburg, now live in Solon. I hope you like the area!
What are the positives and negatives about living in Solon?

Old 01-28-2007, 02:58 PM

44 posts, read 258,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakkam View Post
What are the positives and negatives about living in Solon?
Really great area to live! Nice people, a little more upscale then TBurg. More shopping (closer to Beachwood, which has legacy village--very nice shopping there) Solon is right next to 422 and 480 which takes you everywhere in greater Cleveland. School district is top notch.
Negatives:
If y9ou have kids, the "bad kids" are starting to come to the Solon schools from Bedford and even Cleveland in order to play basketball bc we have a great BB, baseball program. Gas stations dont sell beer (only supermarkets and the solon wine and liqour on Bainbridge rd./and rt. 91.).
Other than that its a great area to live. Hudson is even tamer than Solon imo and more "lily white." Thats just south of Tburg and Solon is just Noth of Tburg. all three cities in a row.
After saying all of that I cant wait to Move to SW Florida! in a year, cant wait!

Old 01-28-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Florida

Quote:
Really great area to live! Nice people, a little more upscale then TBurg. More shopping (closer to Beachwood, which has legacy village--very nice shopping there) Solon is right next to 422 and 480 which takes you everywhere in greater Cleveland. School district is top notch.
Negatives:
If y9ou have kids, the "bad kids" are starting to come to the Solon schools from Bedford and even Cleveland in order to play basketball bc we have a great BB, baseball program. Gas stations dont sell beer (only supermarkets and the solon wine and liqour on Bainbridge rd./and rt. 91.).
Other than that its a great area to live. Hudson is even tamer than Solon imo and more "lily white." Thats just south of Tburg and Solon is just Noth of Tburg. all three cities in a row.
After saying all of that I cant wait to Move to SW Florida! in a year, cant wait!
Did you look into other states, other than Florida?

Old 01-28-2007, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Negatives:
That's one of the most ignorant post I have ever read in my entire life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: