Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2008, 12:22 AM

9 posts, read 40,439 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
After reading all the postings from relocating families and driving around the suburbs of Cleveland, my husband and I have decided that three suburbs stand out for various reasons. My husband will be working in Ritchfield. We are in our late 30's and have a 20 month old and another coming in November. Basically we love the quaintness of Hudson (heard alot of good things about it) and proximity to work. We like Solon in certain areas...seems industrial...although Signature of Solon is nice and close to some shops. Then there is Chagrin Falls which is a bit of a commute for my husband, but we like the New England feel to it and are willing to sacrifice commute for a great home (preferably newer). We are having such a hard time deciding and being that I'm 6mos preg + with a toddler we are trying to narrow it down to maybe two areas and giving it our all in terms of searching since our window of opportunity is only a couple of months before delivery of baby #2. We want safety, good schools, and clean. An area that'll reflect an appreciation in home value for the future would be fantastic! Any insight...personal experience...good or bad would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2008, 11:39 AM

436 posts, read 1,647,824 times
I don't know much about Chagrin Falls or Solon, but Hudson is nice. Quite $$$$$ in home prices, however. Hudson would be your best bet for distance to Richfield. Its also safe, clean and I think it has good schools.
The people who live in Hudson tend to be uppity - that is the impression outsiders get (altho if you ask people that live there, they swear to the high heavens otherwise).

I guess if you have enough money to spend on a home, then Hudson will do you well.
This is a cute shopping area right in the center of town: Shop ~ First & Main Hudson ~ Shop, Dine & Live in Hudson, Ohio (http://www.firstandmainhudson.com/Shop/storedirectory.aspx - broken link)

Hope you find what you are looking for
Good luck!

Old 08-13-2008, 02:44 PM

5 posts, read 28,112 times
We are in the process of a move to the area, also. We did not look in Chagrin Falls, bcs. it was too much of a commute for us, but we did look in Hudson, Copley, Fairlawyn, Solon, Bath, and Brecksville. We decided on Hudson because of a warm feeling and the cute downtown - it seems like a real gathering place for the community and that was really attractive to me. The other towns did not seem to have that. The home prices were all comparable from what I saw, but I do know that you pay more taxes in Hudson, I am pretty sure that hubby said it was 1/2% more. We don't move into our home for another week, so I can't give you feedback yet. (We are in an apt. in Copley)/ From the time I have spent there, I do not get the snobby feeling that others have written about.
Best of luck in your decision and move.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:56 PM

12 posts, read 57,207 times
Hudson and Chagrin Falls are 2 of my very favorite towns in the area. I love the quaintness of the towns, their downtown areas, quality of the school systems and terrific homes.
While you are looking at these areas, make sure you look at Aurora - you are going to be pleasantly surprised by this town. Wonderful neighborhoods in all price ranges. School district is one of the best and much smaller then Hudson (one thing that kept us out of Hudson when we lived in NE Ohio). Great people and wonderful homes.
Would look at those 3 areas before I looked at Solon. I grew up close to Solon, lived there into my adult years (moved out of state for a number of years), and moved to Aurora in the early 90s. I just don't have the same feelings toward Solon that I do for Hudson, Chagrin Falls or Aurora.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: