Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 11:29 AM

74 posts, read 260,437 times

Advertisements

bumping! So this is the dilemma. I'm probably going to have to drive to Erie every day (at least for the next year). I'm looking for something near a major highway, good resell value (safe area), that isn't more than 30 mins from warrensburg. My husband will have long and odd hours at times and he will probably need to be close to his employment (medical resident!). I'm trying to find an area that will work for both of us but the thing about the east side is snow. I'd love to move up to painesville area but I'm afraid that its too long of a commute for him esp in the winter working 30 hr days. We'd like to keep the house below $150K but I'm just not finding what we'd like.

We found someone selling a house off MLS in parma which seems like a good deal but I'm worried about the area as well as the commute for myself (2 hrs one way- 4 hrs total a day!)

Anyone know about renting a house with a decent yard in Lake Cty area? I'm afraid that might be more expensive than buying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 05:44 PM

332 posts, read 2,252,130 times
Did you look at Wiloughby or Wiloughby Hills, Willowick, Mayfield or Mayfield Heights. I mention these because they are all along or near I-271.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABCle View Post
Did you look at Wiloughby or Wiloughby Hills, Willowick, Mayfield or Mayfield Heights. I mention these because they are all along or near I-271.
I have looked into those areas but I'm finding extremely slim pickings as most of the houses are out of our price range and there are few "good" houses at a decent price.

I have looked into Parma/Parma Heights (near 271) but some of the problems I'm hearing about that area as people are expanding from areas within cleveland city proper.

How bad is the snow belt like in towns like aurora for commuting? I guess I'm mainly concerned of commuting in the snow and how well things are plowed.

Old 03-26-2007, 01:50 PM

62 posts, read 326,330 times
Default Driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19hsm View Post
I guess I'm mainly concerned of commuting in the snow and how well things are plowed.
You will find many drivers here who speeds will provide that they are probably on their way to a date with Pamela Anderson. Sane folks have make corrections for these bozos all the time.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:24 PM

Well it looks like we're going to stick with Seven Hills, Independence area as Seven Hills is at the top of our price range.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:22 AM

688 posts, read 3,038,454 times
My concern with Seven Hills is the school system. Also, not a great commute at all because you will most likely be in that 271/480/77 crunch that deadlocks everyday, which you can easily bypass by moving more east. I really think you should reconsider the Seven Hills area, considering your needs.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:58 PM

The traffic is really that bad? Like standstill between 4-6 or what? Oh great. What about lyndhurst area? We're really stuck because we like twinsburg but nothing is popping up in our price range. Aurora/Mentor is too far away. And its just frustrating us. We've decided to stick in that area for the high way access and not taking in my commute into the equation since my commute will be during odd/non-rush hour time frames.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:48 PM

It can be especially condiering the constructin about to occur on the 480-77 interchange. In the few times I had to take this route during rush hour 480 moves, but at like 40mph, though it can be stop and go instead of 65. and it doesn't take much to make traffic come to a complete stop.

Old 04-13-2007, 11:51 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,899,154 times
Brunswick, Streetsboro: yawn
Lakewood: old, congested
I-271 corridor: clash of the ethnicities
Seven Hills: old people find it hip
Twinsburg: Gestapo police town
Westlake: bland

"They" say that Cleveland suburbs are "nice" and "have character."

Old 04-14-2007, 08:19 AM

^They do, but not the post 1950 burbs you mentioned. Lakewood does have character though, in addition to Shaker Heights, Bratenahl, University Heights and Cleveland Heights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland