Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2006, 08:37 AM

6 posts, read 19,199 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about moving back to Collinwood. In the 80's, I lived off Lakeshore BLVd (on the lake side). What is the status of the Collinwood area now? How are the schools, crime rates, housing prices?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2006, 06:58 PM

332 posts, read 2,252,861 times
Collinwood isn't bad, the homes are still in pretty good shape. The crime is lower than neighborhoods closer into the city, but is not off the charts. The schools if you go by State tests and graduation rates may not be the best, but in defense of the schools if students do their work and study, there a good teachers willing to teach and they can learn alot. Home prices arein the 70,000-150,000 range. and as you know consist of multiple family dwellings and single family homes. There has been some new construction in townhouses and detached single family homes as well.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:37 PM

6 posts, read 24,373 times
It's "OK" if you stay north of RT90 ..

Old 12-24-2008, 12:44 AM

56 posts, read 188,103 times
Collinwood has a lot of drugs and violence but less than say glenville, hough, or maybe even slavic village area. It's cool if you have some tough skin, just don't expect a lot of smiles. Waterloo is still nice but yeah pretty much all around St. Clair is where all the mess is. Lakeshore can be a little rough at times but my Granny stays off Lakeshore and even though her apt. gets robbed every onece in a while I think she is pretty safe there as far as getting hurt goes. Look around and between Waterloo and Lakeshore, I really like these neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland