Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 06:01 PM

4 posts, read 9,083 times

Advertisements

Wow, Thanks for your input guys!

Yeah, living with snow will definitely be an adjustment And yes, I agree with you Kaydub, Florida has it's more than its fair share of good ol' boys..

The hubby says the drive to Parma to Lakewood is 35 minutes.. I think we will have to look for somewhere closer since I have a diabetic cat that I have to get home to in the evenings. We're looking for a rental townhouse or single family in a bungalo, colonial, victorian (anything but a ranch, that's the norm here) with some interesting things to do close by.. The hubby jokes that he just wants to be walking distance to a bar.. but what man dosen't right?

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 06:32 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,900,018 times
Good luck on the move! Right now the snow sucks lol, but springtime, summer and fall are great!

BTW, winter is actually fun, but we have just been pounded with snow.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:59 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
Good luck on the move! Right now the snow sucks lol, but springtime, summer and fall are great!

BTW, winter is actually fun, but we have just been pounded with snow.
True, its just getting annoying at this point for me.

I dont remember too many times when the snow has stayed so deep and on the ground for so long as it has now.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:53 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,586,399 times
> I had on our moving to Ohio was that we just not live anywhere in proximity to rednecks/hillbillies.<

And Florida hillbillies are MEAN. Light a cat on fire and laugh about it mean. Lived in Lakeland Florida for near 2 years. Friday night they all went to "Bubbas Mud Ranch". NO I AM NOT KIDDING.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:56 AM

1,024 posts, read 3,342,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
> I had on our moving to Ohio was that we just not live anywhere in proximity to rednecks/hillbillies.<

And Florida hillbillies are MEAN. Light a cat on fire and laugh about it mean. Lived in Lakeland Florida for near 2 years. Friday night they all went to "Bubbas Mud Ranch". NO I AM NOT KIDDING.
I live in Florida for the moment and know EXACTLY what you are saying. Mean is right.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:21 PM

1,009 posts, read 874,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydub View Post
Funny. My husband and I are moving from Orlando, FL to Kent, OH tomorrow! Small world, I guess. He grew up in Strongsville, but his new job requires that we live in Portage County - from what I've seen of the area, I like it a lot and I'm excited to be moving to NE Ohio. I've never been to Cleveland but I am looking forward to living [somewhat] nearby.

P.S. I had to laugh when I read your post, ottomobeale - after living in Orlando and being surrounded by the southern country-folk here (cue banjo music), the one stipulation I had on our moving to Ohio was that we just not live anywhere in proximity to rednecks/hillbillies. Guess I won't necessarily be getting my way!

Yes indeed, we're always just one or two counties away.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:17 PM

17,003 posts, read 12,586,399 times
>Yes indeed, we're always just one or two counties away.<

But are you "Light a cat on fire and laugh about it" mean?

Old 01-29-2009, 01:22 PM

1,009 posts, read 874,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>Yes indeed, we're always just one or two counties away.<

But are you "Light a cat on fire and laugh about it" mean?

Who would do that?

I have cats, not only would I not light a cat on fire and laugh about it, I would not light one on fire at all.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:28 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,342,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
Who would do that?

I have cats, not only would I not light a cat on fire and laugh about it, I would not light one on fire at all.
Maybe just wear flannel 8 months out of the year, install a gun rack on top of the truck, and a 1980's rusted out muscle car in the driveway jacked up on concrete blocks kind of mean. LOL

Old 01-30-2009, 02:19 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,629,374 times
I've lived in Cleveland for a couple of years and have traveled the area a fair share. I pretty much never interact with hillbillies. Never really see them either. So either, the rednecks up here aren't the 'hillbilly-ish' or the just live far enough away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: