Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2008, 01:37 AM

2 posts, read 3,506 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm a medical student moving to Cleveland area for a 6 week rotation in Northfield, OH at Northcoast Behavioral Health Center. I'm looking to find short term housing options....I haven't been too successful b/c any place I do find is way tooo expensive! I got a great deal from Days Inn & Suites in Cleveland Downtown on intersection of Euclid Ave and 36th street? Has anyone stayed at this hotel? How safe is this area? I'm a 26 y/o female and just want to stay somewhere safe and clean without spending a lot of money. Any help or advice will be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2008, 07:57 AM

16 posts, read 81,136 times
Try looking at hotels like Days Inn in the cities of Twinsburg and Macedonia. There are a lot of hotels in this area that used to service the Six Flags visitors. Now that Six Flags is no more, I think you might get a good deal. Also, these cities are both quiet suburbs about a 10 min. drive to Northfield...much safer than the Cleveland hotel you found. Good luck.

Old 01-26-2008, 09:23 AM

31 posts, read 129,138 times
When my husband and I traveled to the area, we stayed at the Country Inn And Suites 7820 Capital Blvd Macedonia, OH 44056 800-804-6835. The hotel was very clean, nice, had nice amenities (indoor pool, high speed internet) and is very close to the highway. It had a small fridge and microwave in the unit, plus you can get free breakfast there. There is all kinds of shopping very near by. I am not from that area, but I wanted to let you know about it. Maybe for 6 week stay, you should ask for a discounted rate off of what they post. Good luck! -Nancy

Old 01-26-2008, 09:37 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,605,826 times
Don't overlook rooms for rent in private residences. That would usually be the least expensive route. Boarding houses also might be an option. Although you are only renting a room, it is often much the same as a roommate situations with use of a full kitchen, washer and dryer, etc. I think that would be your best bet.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:46 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,264,727 times
When I am in the same situation, I use Priceline or Hotwire and book a 2* property like an Extended Stay America property for $30/night plus taxes and fees. You could even get a 2* for $40/night.

Look under the Cleveland tab at Biddingfortravel.com.

Of course, you will probably need a vehicle.

Hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland