Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 08:43 PM

6 posts, read 38,594 times

Advertisements

I am completelt new to cleveland, am looking tomove to cleveland to Metrohealth hospital for my job.

I amlooking for nice safe neighbourhoods or suburbs around cleveland considering I have to start my day at 7:00 . I am looking to buy a "house" for around 150 K with 2-3 bedrooms.

Any suggestions would be welcome. I have heard about Shaker Heights but priority is safe neighbourhood as I would be returning late in evening often.

Looking to hear from you clevelanders!

Thanks in Advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2006, 06:16 PM

976 posts, read 3,860,970 times
Brecksville, Solon, Parma, Brook Park. There are plenty more suburbs that i could list for some of those ideas that you had in mind. I moved to Cleveland two years ago and i love it here and im sure you will too. If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask. By the way Shaker Heights would be my first pick if i were you. Good luck with your move.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:28 PM

2 posts, read 32,822 times
If you don't mind about a 20-30 minute commute, you should look at the cities of Eastlake, Willoughby, or Mentor. Very very safe cities, hardly any crime to speak of, and all have great school systems (I used to teach at Mentor High School and other than the last 2 years, I lived my whole life in this area). The housing in Eastlake is the least expensive. We sold our 3 bedroom 2-car garage colonial right across the street from Lake Erie for only 140,000. Mentor and Willoughby cost slightly more, but not too much. The closer areas to Cleveland are right next to pretty crime-ridden areas, even if they themselves are safe, so you run the risk of depreciating value and changing crime rates. Shaker Heights is known for being a kind of snobby area, but it is surrounded by less desirable areas and it is more difficult to find a nice house and yard there.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:54 PM

332 posts, read 2,252,130 times
The Mentor schools recently went into State control because of mismanagement of money. For safety look at S. Euclid, Lyndhurst, Richmond heights, Beachwood, UNiversity Heights, Solon, Independence, Seven Hills, Parma (all three just a ten minute drive from Metro Health) Rocky River, North Olmstead, Fairview Park, Brook Park. All mentioned are within a 30 minute drive of Metro Health.

Old 07-27-2006, 09:46 PM

976 posts, read 3,860,970 times
Dont forget Westlake, Avon Lake, Avon, and Brooklyn.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:32 PM

332 posts, read 2,252,130 times
^True those are also safe suburbs close to meto Health. But for proximity. The South Side is the way to go.

Old 08-01-2006, 08:23 PM
HAS

106 posts, read 593,038 times
Talking Painesville: The Prettiest City in Lake County!

Well, if you wouldn't mind about a 30-40 minute commute, I would highly recommend Painesville Township. It's great here because we're close to everything, without being right in the middle of all of the action (traffic, crime rates, drug problems, etc.).

We have great schools (in Painesville TOWNSHIP...Painesville City is a bit different and more troubled) that are safe and not TOTALLY broke, like some other schools in Ohio (like Mentor).

There are nice, quiet, friendly neighborhoods, where you can find houses like the one it sounds you're looking for. Looking in Mentor, I'd say the houses would be a little out of your price range, but you could certainly try. I do honestly prefer Painesville to Mentor, though, since Mentor is a bit more developed and becoming too populated for my taste.

Good luck!!

Old 08-18-2006, 02:28 PM

1 posts, read 23,489 times
Smile home for sale

have house in cleveland/Euclid boarder for sale @owners.com listing #tpw2504.My wife is cleveland clinic nurse @ Euclid Clinic 2nd.shift,comes home late also,quiet working class neighborhood.Energy efficient home,with city services.Commute to Metro is 20 min.If intrested in seeing house,feel free to call for showing,from my wife,or myself thankyou.

Old 11-18-2006, 03:32 PM

11 posts, read 97,033 times
Default South Euclid/Lyndhurst

I highly recommend South Euclid or Lyndhurst--close drive to the city, safe, friendly. You could have an absolutely beautiful home in either of those cities for 150K or less. I've lived in both cities as a single woman and can say that both places are absolutely safe and wonderful to live in.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:09 AM

18 posts, read 119,790 times
Seven Hills, Independence and Brecksville. Don't forget Avon, Avon Lake and Westlake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: