Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2009, 02:15 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,371,636 times

Advertisements

I found several foreclosures I like and want to go in and see. But, I dont know what bank owns it, dont have the lockbox combo These are not auction homes, rather REO (bank owns them). Ive driven past them, know the address, know its empty..

Ive been using a realtor who either says that house is not available anymore or just ignores my request. I talked to a second realtor and they are not responding either. I have a feeling realtors just dont want to get involved with foreclosures.

If thats the case, how do I gain access to the house? How do I know which bank owns it?

Anyone recommend any realtors who are strong in foreclosures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 02:44 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
the houses you are considering may not be available yet...it takes awhile to get a house on the mls from start to finish.. so be patient.. keep looking for realtors.. have you been prequalified yet? do you have your loan approval letters?

Old 04-14-2009, 06:44 PM

48 posts, read 219,276 times
In Lorain County, you can search property ownership at the auditor's website - www.loraincounty.com/auditor or future sheriff auctions at www.loraincountysheriff.com to identify the owner.

There are several real estate agencies that list lots of foreclosures - Westway Realty, ERA Rath, REMAX Homeward Bound, and Transaction Realty. I would guess that they have contracts with certain banks to handle all of their foreclosures in a certain area. I have bought two rental properties with Westway Realty's Helen Werb and Drew Vaneck and found them easy to deal with. Westway Realty Since 1952

Old 09-24-2009, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd72173 View Post
I found several foreclosures I like and want to go in and see. But, I dont know what bank owns it, dont have the lockbox combo These are not auction homes, rather REO (bank owns them). Ive driven past them, know the address, know its empty..

Ive been using a realtor who either says that house is not available anymore or just ignores my request. I talked to a second realtor and they are not responding either. I have a feeling realtors just dont want to get involved with foreclosures.

If thats the case, how do I gain access to the house? How do I know which bank owns it?

Anyone recommend any realtors who are strong in foreclosures?
My company owns many foreclosed home in Cleveland that were bought from the banks. The banks generally pool these homes together and sell them as bulk to funds like mine. If you are still interested in some properties feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to make are supply available to you. We have homes Nationwide as well. David.b@multigroups.com 516-967-6778

Last edited by MultiGroups; 09-24-2009 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland