Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:00 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times

Advertisements

Greetings all.

I will be visiting your city (again) from Jun 12-Jun 15th. I will be flying from Charlotte and staying by Jacobs, er Progressive, field. Since I will be arriving 6-7 hours before anyone else in my group, I want to take a side trip to Cedar Point on that Friday. I have read other threads here about how to get to Cedar Point and will take the consensus' advice and rent a car.

My question is about crowds. How crowded do you think it will be say around noon on that Friday? Are kids out of school? Think I can get on 6-7 roller coasters within 4 hours?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 09:19 AM

405 posts, read 1,214,161 times
It won't be empty, that's for sure. Most kids will be out of school. As far as how many coasters you can get on, that depends on what you want to ride. You could ride Magnum, Power Tower, Mantis, Raptor, Max Air, Gemini, Mean Streak, etc. mostly for 30 min wait or less each. Milennium Force, Maverick, and Top Thrill Dragster will probably be at least an hour wait each. Of course, if it's a cloudy day with some rain or a chance of rain, your waits will be much less.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:28 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
If there was one coaster that I cannot miss no matter what, which one would it be? I will make a beeline for that one the minute I get in the park.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:44 AM

405 posts, read 1,214,161 times
#1 - Milennium Force. Best coaster in the world.

Top Thrill Dragster is a great ride as well, but if you have to pick one, I'd ride Milennium Force.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:10 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,415,885 times
Quote:
#1 - Milennium Force. Best coaster in the world.

Top Thrill Dragster is a great ride as well, but if you have to pick one, I'd ride Milennium Force.
Yup. I got to ride Top Thrill and Millenium Force at night, which is an experience I will never forget. But by far the best coaster(not the biggest) is the Maverick! Riding that thing at night is amazing...and just wait until you go through the tunnel....woah...have fun!

Old 05-11-2009, 11:22 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
If you need to hit the "hottest" roller coasters, arrive at the park before it opens and be ready to run to it when it opens. Wait until noon, and you probably will not get on many rides.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:23 AM

434 posts, read 1,165,093 times
While I thoroughly enjoy Milennium Force and Maverick, my personal fave is the Raptor

Old 05-11-2009, 03:15 PM

54 posts, read 186,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
If there was one coaster that I cannot miss no matter what, which one would it be? I will make a beeline for that one the minute I get in the park.
Well..... you can ask 100 people this question and get 100 different answers. It depends on the personal tastes of the particular person you are asking.

So I'll try to help ya out. If you love blazing fast speed, try Top Thrill Dragster, or Millennium Force if you don't want to deal with TTD's sudden launch. MF is also a great ride if you love G-forces, and hills.

If you like lots of twists and turns and flips and such, try Maverick, or Raptor. (Raptor is not quite as brand new and "groundbreaking" as the other rides mentioned, but there is ALWAYS a huge line for it after 12 Noon or so because it is located at the front of the park near the gates, whereas many of the coasters are located more towards the back). So it's always worth it to try to knock out Raptor out early if you really wanna ride it.

If you like Airtime, and Hills, you Must ride Magnum XL-200. However, I wouldn't recommend running straight to this ride as soon as the park opens, because the lines for it are usually pretty short, even at the busiest times of the day. I have never had a problem getting Magnum in twice or more, even on a busy Saturday.

For all the other rides there that are not previously mentioned, they can wait till later in the day.

HAVE FUN!

Old 05-11-2009, 06:58 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,489,872 times
Millienium Force is gay. Top Thrill Dragster is so badass that you cannot even compare. I haven't been in a couple years, so I don't know what Maverick is. Ride the Meanstreak as well, you won't be disappointed.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:50 PM

646 posts, read 2,050,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
Millienium Force is gay. Top Thrill Dragster is so badass that you cannot even compare. I haven't been in a couple years, so I don't know what Maverick is. Ride the Meanstreak as well, you won't be disappointed.
I was not aware that a roller coaster could be sexual...or that intelligent people use 'gay' as a slur anymore.

The Mean Streak is will jerk you around too much, and it's never been that great a ride, even when new. One good thing about it, the line is normally pretty darn short. People learn their lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: