Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 06:11 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,093,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBaillo View Post
you just sound like a rich kid trying to identify with the rappers you listen to. I lived in a part of los angeles that would eat up the people you call "rough" and gangster out there in a second.

But now you sound like "that kid."

On another note, though, I understand, in a way what the poster is talking about. I mean, I wouldn't want to live where he wants to live but I admire what I perceive to be his seeking out what is REAL in a world overcome by Celebration, Florida's and other manufactured living-spaces, you know?

As a photographer, I enjoy seeing the genuine of society -- I too have meandered through the shacks of Appalachia, the condemned warehouses of Cleveland, the shell of a city that is New Orleans -- there's something shocking, emotional, and real about it.

Maybe I'm making it too romantic, but alot of people have the sort of drive that the poster is -- I feel like everyone might have jumped on a bit prematurely.

As for my own story of being in Cleveland -- I was on the East side of downtown by the Salvation Army (I think that might be 16th but I can't remember) and witnessed someone getting beaten to death with a gardening hoe!

Be careful though -- life is all too real sometimes.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:36 PM

2 posts, read 10,170 times
Default Bad hood

E 72nd St. clair- my buddy got robbed there almost carjacked.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:29 AM

146 posts, read 224,229 times
Almost all of the east side is bad these days...you just cant say "this area is bad and that area is bad" and its only getting worse...gangs are spreading everywhere,robberies,shootings, etc. I live on E 61st and the past 6 shootings in cleveland have happend within a 6 block radius of my home.And its not just around here Grafitti has been popping up everywhere..all of the eastside is just bad...

Old 07-17-2008, 10:28 AM

98 posts, read 480,922 times
Cbaillo, what you talkin' about? Cleveland Rocks! The whole midwest stand up! L.A. is nothing but some plastic people that think everything revolves around them. Ya'll clowns still color bangin'...that's a joke! Hey, homie, come talking that tough talk in Detroit and get your head busted like a watermelon. The Midwest got some of the toughest Hood in America so don't forget that.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:23 PM

980 posts, read 1,147,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkue View Post
Cbaillo, what you talkin' about? Cleveland Rocks! The whole midwest stand up! L.A. is nothing but some plastic people that think everything revolves around them. Ya'll clowns still color bangin'...that's a joke! Hey, homie, come talking that tough talk in Detroit and get your head busted like a watermelon. The Midwest got some of the toughest Hood in America so don't forget that.
What, are you proud of that; Detroit is a tragedy.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud buckeye View Post
better yet , do something the community that helps people, habitat for humanity is great, redcross is great.
Free Trade took the businesses away and with the businesses went the jobs. You want to help Cleveland; lobby against Free Trade.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:41 PM

East Cleveland seems lawless. Eddy Road and St. Clair, forget it. Gangs maybe, but that seems to be about it.

And, anyone who thinks this post is "Anti-Cleveland" is projecting. You gotta name the problem, before you can find out what is broken. Burying your head in the sand and pretending it doesn't exist is not a solution!

Old 07-24-2008, 04:32 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,923,957 times
You guys should check out Lorain these days...its pretty bad. Im moving back to Lorain soon and Ive had the chance to really drive around and see all parts of the city and am surprised at how bad the city looks now. Recently in the newspapers theyve had stories about some guy commenting that the city looks like a "hell hole" and I decided to go check out all of it for myself.

Certain parts of Lorain are by far the worst areas in the Westside Cleveland area outside of Cleveland. I grew up in "the hood" in Lorain in the 90s but its gotten even worse now. The streets are in bad condition the city just looks like s***, theres abandoned and run down houses and buildings everywhere, and theres garbage all over. Elyria is definitely much much better besides the Southside/SW. Lorain is the worst medium sized city in Ohio (Other than Youngstown). Even as I say this, I still love the city and am moving back there from North Ridgeville after living here for most of the past 5 years. However, Im still looking forward to moving back to Lorain.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:57 AM

17 posts, read 68,597 times
its funny this kid wants to live in a rough neighborhood cause he thinks crimes cool an ****. ctown grow up and do something with your life. get off the computer and if you wanna go to a rough neighborhood by all meens be stupid and do what you do. i grew up in a rough neighborhood n am glad im out. why do you want to live in a place where if you wear the wrong color you gonna get shot? its stupid

Old 07-27-2008, 01:20 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,923,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Born View Post
its funny this kid wants to live in a rough neighborhood cause he thinks crimes cool an ****. ctown grow up and do something with your life. get off the computer and if you wanna go to a rough neighborhood by all meens be stupid and do what you do. i grew up in a rough neighborhood n am glad im out. why do you want to live in a place where if you wear the wrong color you gonna get shot? its stupid
Yeah, the same kind of thing with me. I grew up in bad neighborhoods and got out of there as soon as I could. There is nothing "cool" about having to look over your back 24/7 and double checking to make sure all of your doors and things are locked. Watching your friends get jumped and stabbed and having to dodge bullets and grow up right down the street where in the night its filled with drunks and crackheads standing on the corner. Kids asking where your from and what you rep, and if you say one wrong word you could end up in the hospital. And thats just the Southside of Elyria and Westside (Central) Lorain, its much worse in a lot of neighborhoods in Cleveland. Im moving back to Lorain soon too, thankfully its not the hood this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland