Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 11:20 AM

3 posts, read 14,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
I don't get how you thought this was a racial comment at all.Cause I definetly ain;t no racist.I only listen to rap and RnB,I only watch BET and MTV,African Americans are cooler to me than my own race.So I hope that before you go and accuse a person of making a racist comment you find out what point the person was trying to make.And that point was that Ohio is not a hick state at all it is one of the most urban states and the other point is that Ohio is not just a state full of white people it is pretty multiracial.And also Ohio does have a pretty big African American population.And that thing you siad pround to be an american that if you reversed my question around it would be racist,well for one it wasnt a question and two the statement I made was the statement I made and it wasmt racist and wasnt ment to be racist so your the one with racist thoughts
Maybe they missed what you meant, I don't think your a racist but I must say there's more to African American than Rap/R & B music BET and MTV ha. I don't think your racist at all but that caught my eye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 09:32 AM

20 posts, read 81,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MABCle View Post
People in Ohio do underappreciate what we have, but Who's whinning here though is what I don't inderstand
Who's whining? Unfortunately a disproportionate amount of native Ohioans, from my experience. Rather then just get off their touches and get the job done, they whine, not realizing that it is up to them to make their situation better. With a cost of living as low as it is and housing so cheap, there should be more working, less complaining.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:37 AM

7 posts, read 48,747 times
hey..I am also a native Clevelander, living in Colorado now. I dont think people much care about what Ohio is like, least from my findings. Opinions, nothing else. It's still home to me, I miss it, but we all know what opinions are like..

Old 07-24-2007, 04:36 PM

2 posts, read 6,652 times
Smile I have to agree with you Cleve228

Yes African Americans are not just about Rap and R&B, I'm African American and I don't even listen to rap, maybe because it's not my era, or it doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:13 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,652,142 times
I know there is more to the African American culture than RnB and Hip-Hop.I've had many blacks friends in my life.The whole culture is tight.Food is good.Out of all nationalities I think African American females are the most attractive.And I want to live in a diverse neighborhood where I get to see more of the African American culture rather than live in an mostly white subdivision like my parents are making me go through right now.But believe me I know there is more to the African American culture than music.

Old 07-24-2007, 06:59 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,996 times
CTownative it seems like you dont like your own people (White people) and you want to be black. Im not trying to judge you it just seems that way. Most black people and people in the hood (like East Cleveland) would rather live in a nice house in the suburbs then in the projects or a inner city neighborhood. Noone wants to struggle just to eat and survive. Your lucky that you have the chance to move to different places and live in a nice suburban area, a lot of people never get that chance. I know what you are saying though i like Cleveland too, a lot more then Colorado.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:22 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,652,142 times
I don't like seeing people have to live in the hood,I hope they can eventually find a way to make the best of where they live.I just want to move back to North Collinwood where I was born,and where I know all the street names,and feel at home,and live with my fellow Ohioins.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:49 PM

61 posts, read 234,300 times
Diversified areas "ROCKS", best in the end!!!!!

Old 10-09-2007, 08:20 AM

61 posts, read 254,797 times
1. Who cares how many black people any state has? I'm pretty sure that was the point of...say it all together...SEGREGATION.

2. Other than random transplants, you won't find many people complaining about Colorado. They love where they live. Hence - they couldn't give a flying crap about Ohio. Don't flatter yourself by thinking any other state in the union cares about Ohio. They don't. And it people like some of you that give it a bad name.

3. To argue about a ridiculous comment made, do you know anything about Colorado geography? It's too rocky and mountainous for farming. From this link:

Subject Category - agriculture, page 3

we see that 50% of Ohio's land is involved in farming and agriculture.

Wildlife as a Farm and Ranch Business

This link, while not giving an exact percentage, says that 1/3 of CO land is publicly owned. That means that, to have as much farming land as Ohio, only 20% of the state could be non-farm. I don't think so.

There is a lot of hunting, skiing, fishing, and mining that goes on in Colorado. No farming.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:02 PM

29 posts, read 187,197 times
I love Ohio. It's better than SC. I really don't understand why I always see so many people moving here from Ohio. There are a lot of people that move here but for some reason, Ohio outnumbers all the people that move here. As a matter of fact, my neighbor's fiancee is from Athens, OH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland