Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 06:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,523 times

Advertisements

RE: Earth By April -- It was a restaurant on the SE corner of Cedar & Lee in Cleveland Heights, a few doors down from the movie theater. BTW, I was the ticket taker at the C&L Theatre in the early 1970s, and it was fairly common knowledge that actor Paul Newman had worked while growing up in Shaker Heights. Also, I was in the graduating class (1969) that put the Mickey Mouse face on the clock, although I was not involved in the scheme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 11:01 AM

79,900 posts, read 43,866,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Mosna View Post
Does anyone remember a place called "Bargain Fair" in Mentor? It was on route 20 near where the Great Lakes Mall is now. It was an old barn that sold almost everything, kind of like a WalMart or Home Depot. It operated in the 50's.
I do. It had to have been there still in the early 60's. If I'm remembering correctly there were stairs when you first went in. Two floors? I do remember getting some sea monkey's there.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:12 AM

79,900 posts, read 43,866,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denracer View Post
Big Time Wrestling (LIVE) from WUAB Channel 43 on Day Drive in Parma. As teenagers we would get out there early to make sure we got in so we could be part of the live in-studio audience. Remember the wrestlers like Johnny Powers, "Lord" Athol Layton, Announcer Jack Reynolds (father of todays TV Sports guy Tony Rizzo, and "the Iron Sheik", Bobo Brazil, Ivan Putsky, and more. Those were a lot of fun
Was this the one that opened with the theme "Classical Gas"? Everytime I hear that song I can picture a wrestler jumping off the ropes.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:24 AM

41,710 posts, read 74,654,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioNative View Post
Yeah, I like to call it "pop" just to get a reaction out of people...
Me, too. I'll stand up from my desk at work, and say "I'm going to the pop machine. Anyone want anything from the pop machine?" If I really want to raise eyebrows, I'll make the word "pop" last for at least five seconds and with the broadest O I can muster.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:17 PM

420 posts, read 1,036,893 times
Default Still There and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
There was also one (and I think it's still there) on about 70th and Denison before you would turn left onto Ridge Rd. When we were in Cleveland earlier this year we stopped at the one there in Brooklyn; first time my husband ever had a Roman Burger. He loved it!
Still there at Denison a Ridge Road top of the hill , no more monster Railroad Over Pass
Bridge going west from that intersection , Modern clean line Bridge
I kind of miss the old bridge , I wondered why So many Mr. Hero's because
there is one at 92nd and Denison also

Old 09-25-2009, 11:12 AM

73 posts, read 117,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
I remember calling it "Kenny Kings" and I was always a West Sider.

Here's another one:

12) Treelawns

(I understand no one outside the Cleveland area ever uses that word for the grassy area between the sidewalk and the street curb.)
kenny kings owned the franchise for kfc.

ghoulardi
dorothy fuldheim

the two kind of go together.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:10 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,241,956 times
When I had to live down south for a year last year (Texas, North Carolina) I was talking about food back home, and I'd get blank stares.

Pierogies
Cavatelli and Meatballs
Casatta Cake (Corbo's Bakery in Little Italy has the best! mmm)

They seemed to be the biggest things no one heard about, which I pretty much grew up with, especailly the Cavatelli.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:48 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,370,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citydudeallover View Post
Still there at Denison a Ridge Road top of the hill , no more monster Railroad Over Pass
Bridge going west from that intersection , Modern clean line Bridge
I kind of miss the old bridge , I wondered why So many Mr. Hero's because
there is one at 92nd and Denison also
Wow, when did they get rid of the old bridge?

Old 09-30-2009, 09:56 AM

9 posts, read 32,247 times
Yep, that was the one. And it was a "gas".

Old 09-30-2009, 09:59 AM

9 posts, read 32,247 times
It was located off US Route 14 near Twinsburg, OH. That was the Place to go to check out the local "hot" chicks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland